Main Menu

Tilting at Windmills

Started by Grant Goggans, 17 March, 2006, 10:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

I found Brian Hibbs' column at Newsarama today very interesting.  He talks about the difficulty in non-DC or Marvel books in finding audiences and how publisher promotion often does not work.  Certainly food for thought as we keep hoping for 2000 AD to do a little better with its market share, especially in light of the failure of the DC line.

Link: http://www.newsarama.com/Tilting2_0/Tilting26.htm" target="_blank">Promote, solicit, promote

Devons Daddy

reasonable arguement, balanced and fair review of the trade in general.

he makes some decent points doesnt he.surely in this day and age the internet could be used more effectively then it is currently by a majority of publishers.

though in fairness,comic book reading has taken hold strongly in this region, a lot of it through the big book sellers, boarders,ikunya,WHSmiths,comic mart, have huge graphic novel and comic book areas.heavy branding posters and regular workshops and talks on the upcoming titles.not only DC and marvel,plenty of other producers are well stocked also.

email shots if you are on the mailing list or members of the shops.i do not know how it is in the west, but out here,they seem to be addressing the very things he highlights in his site.
i was informed by Boarders of Neil Gaimans talk which was organized by the singapore govt, library board.

perhaps out here they see it the same way he does.because they dont have a history to fight against.large quanties of comic titles only became legal less then 6 years ago.  
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!