Main Menu

We're all Doooooomed!

Started by longmanshort, 19 March, 2006, 01:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longmanshort

Picked up the first issue of the horror anthology today and it's pretty good. Artwork by Ashley Wood, with some nicely put together tales of terror and depravity. Comes recommended from the Molchetron ...

Plus, it has the suitable parody of the EC comics hosts, but crossed with Elvria - MS DOOMED!!!

http://www.universohq.com/quadrinhos/2005/imagens/missdoom.jpg">http://www.austinbooks.com/images/DoomedMag1JG.jpg">
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

The Amstor Computer

I'll second that recommendation - it's got a bit of ironing out kinks to go, but the first issue is very promising. Well worth a few quid of anyone's money.

longmanshort

Absolutely. Though the third tale is pretty much an old Future Shock told in three times as many pages ...

Art

I think it's a re-issue, as I had a copy of this montsh ago. It's a mixed bag, with some promising material and artwork sitting along side some stuff that's pretty atrocious. I ownder if theres a market for this kind of thing in yankee comics...

Art

(They don't take unsoliticid submissions though. Robert Bloch and Richard Matheson are of course pretty tough competition...)

longmanshort

Ah, my issue's dated October last year - last one in the shop on their 'Everything on this shelf is by Ashley Wood' shelf. Will definitely be picking up the next one though, just cuz of the potential that's there ...

Art

I think they have an issue #2 dated for April.

Carlsborg Expert

That cover is beautiful.

Who is the cover artist?

longmanshort

The Amstor Computer

Isn't the credit more like:

Jeremy Geddes - front cover
Ashley Wood - back cover

I haven't got my issue to hand, but ISTR the back cover being more "Wood-ish" while the front doesn't look much like his usual style at all.

longmanshort

Ah yes, you may be very right about that ...