Main Menu

Dan Dare:Prisoners of Space

Started by Lord Running Clam, 23 March, 2006, 03:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Running Clam

Just found on the Titan website that the next Dan Dare collection's being released.
Hopefully this means that they are going to be carrying on with the different british comic collections.And not, as had been mentioned on the board, stopping due to preceived poor sells.

Link: http://www.titanbooks.com/dandare.html" target="_blank">http://www.titanbooks.com/dandare.html

The Amstor Computer

Unfortunately, Prisoners of Space has been the only announced DD collection for ages. Whether this means a temporary halt in publishing, or the end of the line for the Dare reprints, remains to be seen.

Devons Daddy

the main reason for poor sales could well be lack of promotion.

if the converted such as us are not aware of such collections.what hope have the promoters got of shifting units.

so many wonderful collections.so little effort in informing the potential buyers.
how hard could it be to ask sites such as these if they could let the users know of such realeases.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ARRISARRIS

...if true this is very good news and i hope they continue, the best is just around the corner and these books so far make a lovely set...

Leigh S

Prisoners of Space has been out (with an annoying printing cock up duplicating one page over another) for months, so I doubt this is a sign of movement on the range, unfortunately

Lord Running Clam

Hmm.I hadn't realized it was already out.

I tend to keep track of stuff like this by the different company's websites.And this is the first time Titan's updated theirs in awhile.Saying that the newest Modesty Blaise doesn't seem to be up on it and I got that last week.

I think they'd probably sell more if they aggressively targeted and advertised in "mainstream" bookstores, catching the eyes of people who remembered reading them as kids.

DavidXBrunt

I've not seen Prisoner out either. Where's the cock up? Don't want to buy a mucked up copy.