Main Menu

New Artist for Slaine.......

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 26 March, 2006, 09:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I was also going to suggest Josh Kirby's and Paul Kidby's Famous for their illustrations from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels.

Noisybast

Both excellent Discworld illustrators: just a case of what you're looking for:
Paul Kidby: Probably potentially excellent.
Josh Kirby: He's dead, so probably not a good idea to write him...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

+rufus+

Henry would do a superb Slaine. he drew him on a Tharg Cover a few years ago.
 The spirit of McMBiz floweth over!!!
Skulls will crack....
:-) Rufus

House of Usher

Give Karl Richardson a go. I think it'd be interesting, visually. A bit different.
STRIKE !!!

Trough

Bart Oliver

Arhh yes the THRUD connection..

Still, Flint and Mills' partnership has produced some entertaining reading- IIRC a Slaine book would complete the set.

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bhuna

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Thursday

Dom Reardon on Slaine (er, on drawing duties, I'm not soliciting hot droid-on-fictional-character action here) would be grand, I reckon, and it's a safe bet Flint's take on the strip would be rather good.  

That said, I'd be just as interested to see stuff from artists you wouldn't immediately associate with that sort of thing - Steve Roberts and D'Israeli, for instance - just to see what they came up with.

Howzabout a series of one-offs, each drawn by a different artist?  They could be flashbacks to Slaine's past, or alternate reality Slaines free from the normal continuity of the strip (didn't Durham Red do something like this in the meg a while back?).  Even a series of pinups (or just sketches) of different droid's takes on iconic characters would make for a fine series in the Meg.  

Thursday

"different droids'", I mean.

Bah. Accursedly misplaced apostrophe.

DavidXBrunt

Yep. Scarlet Apocrypha, ran until 4.18.

I was thinking the other day I'd like to see Slaine (and also Sin Dex) drawn by the un-holy trinity of Ian Gibson, Carlos Ezquerra, and Cam Kennedy.

scutfink

I've avoided this thread, cos, over the last few years, Slaine has gone from one of my favourites to 'Meh', but...

'Sl?ine is one of the few characters from 2000 AD that I'd like to see in "flashback" format, in black and white, rather than stretching the current scenario to breaking point.'

Sounds good but, technically to get Slaine to breaking point from where he is now would require contraction, not stretching surely?

ThryllSeekyr

While Kevin Walker ahsn'tr officailly done any of the Slaine Stories, he as featureed Slaine on this cover here.

http://www.2000adonline.com/functions/cover.php?Comic=specials&choice=prog2006

Tweak72

i WAS going to say my usual "the bloody thing should have ended after the horned god as whilst the art has always been cool the story has SUCKED and pat should come up with NEW stuff" but noone will listern so

Carl Critchlow!
and
D'Israeli
on alternating episodes
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Noisybast

Or even here:http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/specials/hires/prog2006.jpg">
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

ThryllSeekyr

Yeah, it may be interesting to see, more of his work for a change.