Main Menu

I CHALLENGE JOHN WAGNER, ALAN GRANT AND PAT MILLS!!

Started by Thread Zero, 19 November, 2001, 11:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Ok, here's the deal.
I think it is about time one of the established writers at 2k posted here.

I challenge John Wagner, Alan Grant or Pat Mills to post a message here.

Anything they like.

But it has to be them. No fake posts!

C'mon and don't give me this "we haven't the time"  excuse.
Find a moment and post.

Lets say you must post something here by this time next week.

I mean we talk enough about your work here so....

scojo counting down

Thread Zero

Oh yeah, assuming they look here, if they don't do it by next week, I win the challenge!

scojo

Wake

They may have the time to post, but probably not the time to visit the site let alone read the message board.

Although usernames are anonymous, there are measures in place to stop people using multiple aliases.

This board is frequented by several droids. Some of them have revealed who they are (or at least make no attempt to disguise their names and are the people they seem to be). Others use a pseudonym, which is fair enough and I've no intention of publicising who is who.

Wake

Thread Zero

Wake,
Don't writers have any free time?
Weekends etc?
I think so.

There is no way John, Alan, or Pat are too busy 24 7 to not look or post a message here.

Besides, they might want to know what we think of their work.
A precious thing is the ego of a writer!

scojo

W. R. Logan

>Ok, here[backslash]'s the deal.
>I think it is about time one of the established writers at 2k posted here.
>I challenge John Wagner, Alan Grant or Pat Mills to post a message here.
>Anything they like.
>But it has to be them. No fake posts!
>C[backslash]'mon and don[backslash]'t give me this [backslash]"we haven[backslash]'t the time[backslash]"  excuse.
>Find a moment and post.

Scojo, I doubt if you?ll ever see John posting anything on any of the 2000 groups or boards, as he doesn?t read them. If there?s any posts or issues that I think he may be interested in I may post them to him to see what he thinks but that isn?t very often as I have other things to talk about.
Alan generally does things by old fashioned snail mail but isn?t adverse to some e-mail although his wife Sue does most of that, and as for Pat Mills he?s probably to busy dancing naked around Stonehenge to visit the board.

>Lets say you must post something here by this time next week.
>I mean we talk enough about your work here so....

I work in a children?s home but don?t really feel the need to scour the net looking for relevant groups to talk about my job. John and Alan are writers and do it for a living and as opposed to wannabe writers who do like to talk about themselves have little wish to talk about there day jobs.

>scojo counting down

I hope you can count to some really big numbers, as I doubt if you?ll ever see your reply here.

If you have a direct question you have a burning need to ask John, and as long as it?s not something completely crap I may consider posting it, just this once. So think about what that one burning question is, as this a one time only offer.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

Thread Zero

W. R. Logan

>Ok,
>What size shoes does John wear?

Is that your one and only ever question? I'm sure John would be expecting more from the person who reckons that he is the equal of all other writers with maybe the exception of John?

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

Thread Zero

Hey Logan it was a joke!:o)

Wait to you read my Dredd screenplay, then you can judge my worth. See how my work compares to John's.

You are more than welcome to read it. If you like.

scojo

Tu-plang

Scojy, man, isn't it enough that we have the one and only Floyd Kermode posting here?  And as Wake said, John may well post here under a false name (i say false name because I'm not sure how to spell pseunodyem.  Is that right?)

Dominic O'Rourke

does he wear y fronts or boxers? no not scojo
Member No. 10

Thread Zero

John Is Floyd??????

Wow. I am speechless.

John is scojo??????

Ps. It is pseudonym.