Main Menu

2000AD copyright issues

Started by Fifty, 14 June, 2002, 11:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fifty

I teach English at a High School in Japan, and was wondernig, what permssion do I need to use photocopies of Halo Jones in lessons, who would I speak to to get it, and is there any likelihood of getting that permission?

Cheers.

Fifty

Wake

Send an email with the details to pr@2000adonline.com

Are you talking about photocopies of the full story...in which case you should be buying the Titan graphic novel, or just a handful of pages, in which case permission should be no problem.

Wake

Wake

Of course, there's no problem printing off copies of the text of Halo Jones Book 1, since it's on this website.

Wake

Link: The Ballad of Halo Jones

Fifty

Well, I own the graphic novel, but I wondered what the copyright repurcussions would be.

I could have just done it without telling you and you'd have been none the wiser.  Trouble is sometimes, seeing as this is Japan, the World Capital of Petty Bureaucracy, people have a way of asking awkward questions about copyright.  (They'd have a fit if they knew about one little thing I've done, but don't worry, it doesn't involve 2000AD at all)

Wake

I think it would be inappropriate to ask to make multiple photocopies of the full book. If it was a journal, you would only be allowed to do that to one chapter, or a single article.

If you want multiple copies of the Complete Ballad of Halo Jones, then why not email Rebellion (pr@2000adonline.com) and see if they will give you an educational discount on a bulk order.

After all, photocopying that many pages isn't going to the that cheap. 187 pages as 4p a sheet is ?7.50.

Of course, it's not my decision. I'm just offering my opinion.

Cheers,

Wake

Matt

You can pretty much take a single copy of anything if it's use is purely for educational purposes. More than that & I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Rebellion will love you spreading the word in Japan.