Main Menu

Rain Dogs

Started by Something Fishy, 04 July, 2002, 02:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

I read it in the prog and couldn't stand it.  It was a sort of weak rip off of Waterworld with a touch of Escape from New York.  Nothing wrong with ripping off popular culture of course 2k does it all the time but in this case it didn't work, for mine.
  I"ve said all this before but you did ask.
      On the other hand I loved Goodnight Kiss.  Did you read that?
   cheers,

Something Fishy

I guess i'm just easily pleased.  Oh well.

Devons Daddy

glimmer rats was kind of bad company for the new decade i felt, superb art, teh same story retold of one man getting deeper into the heart of the very thing he could not comprehend at first.
good story telling. would i want to see book 2? maybe not. return of the art oh yessssss.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

O Lucky Stevie!

>I read it in the prog and couldn't stand it. It was a sort of weak rip off of Waterworld with a touch of Escape from New York

having seen neither of these films, my take on rain dogs was jg ballard ('the drowned world' in particular) refracted through guns'n'roses. it's execution reminding me a lot of larry niven's 'ringworld'; after lots of spectacular world building poor larry just didn't know what to do with his great artifact until the last third of the second sequel (& all of the interesting stuff took place off screen, so to speak).

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"