Main Menu

Dredd vs Aliens statue

Started by 2000AD Online, 12 February, 2008, 11:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

In a battle that threatened to bring Mega-City One to its knees, future lawman Judge Dredd faced off against Fox Film's Alien in 2003's stunning comic-book crossover Incubus, written by John Wagner and Andy Diggle and illustrated by Henry Flint.

First4Figures and Rebellion are proud to present a truly unique sculptural treatment inspired by the story. An interpretation of Flint's opening illustration, this limited-edition collectible is rife with special features - the otherworldly skull of the alien is visible through a blackened translucent surface, creating an eerily striking effect; a hidden lighting element in the base creates an otherworldly glow; and the alien eggs surrounding the base have been treated with unusual resins to create a viscous pool as face-huggers slowly emerge.

The fully hand-painted statue is minutely detailed, stands 11.5" tall and comes securely packaged in deluxe full-colour packaging. Includes Certificate of Authenticity. Strictly limited to 1,000 numbered statues for worldwide distribution.

The Dredd/Aliens statue will available to buy from the 2000ADonline shop (Tharg's Newsround

Goaty

looks like Henry Flint's artwork. love the helment match to Alien's head.

johnnystress

You're right. It is Henry Flint's art.

I like the image but I'm not sure it really works in 3D

http://www.2000adonline.com/images/artwork/alien_medium.jpg">

Large48

Did anyone manage to buy the last statue that was advertised originally last year? The Dredd/Death one?
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

COMMANDO FORCES

That's still not bloody well out. What is the FUCKING point of advertising a statue in a series when the first one isn't bloody out yet!!!!!!!

Oooo, I do like the lighting up bit though........I think the curse is kicking in again!

Goaty

it was model based on Dredd Vs Aliens cover. So what 2000AD covers do you like to see the models of???

COMMANDO FORCES

After seeing this I had to get on the phone to the shop and found out that the Dredd/Death statue won't be out before Easter!
Well at least my order is still confirmed on that one.

TordelBack

That's actually surprisingly cool - just a pity they didn't go for the citiblock/egg transition too.  

COMMANDO FORCES

I emailed the company to see what is happening about this statue and here is the reply:-
Thank you for your email. We had been trying to release this figure but we could not due to lack of distributors' support and our license with 2000AD has now ended
What am I going to do now?

Bolt-01

Ah John, that's shit. Can't they deal direct with pre-orders?

COMMANDO FORCES

I shall send an email today to see if that is possible!

The Enigmatic Dr X

If you paid a deposit by credit card then you should be able to get a refund from the credit card company. You might need some kind of confirmation that the statue won't ever be sold - but the email you have there could be enough.
Lock up your spoons!

COMMANDO FORCES

Whilst on the 2000ad review site I saw a link to Forbbiden Planet and their sale. Guess what was in this sale? You guessed well fellow boarders, the Dredd Aliens statue for £99 plus p&p.
I ordered mine on the spot through paypal. Now with a bit of luck this should arrive soon and then I can scrub my order with play off ;)

Here's the link:- http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/#activePage=search&searchTerm=2000AD&searchCat=&searchMode=term&pagerPage=1&pagerTotalItems=2

JOE SOAP

To each his own but I think it's a rather ugly ornamrnt.

COMMANDO FORCES