Main Menu

St. Patrick's Day T-shirts

Started by 2000AD Online, 13 February, 2008, 02:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

I think that probably only applies to yer actual practicing catholics. We drunks are happy to stick with the 17th :)
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mike Carroll

> er St Patrick's Day was yesterday. It was moved as it can't occur in holy week.

I thought you were making this up, but Wikipedia confirms it (insofar as Wikipedia is reliable). Amazing... I don't remember this happening before. I wonder what Saint Patrick himself (blessed be his sacred ophidiophobia) of would make of it?

TordelBack

That's just bloody nuts, and it does appear to be true (meaning I missed it entirely while taking my son to the Zoo).  Why can't Holy Week move instead?  After all, that's what it's best at.  

satchmo

On the subject of Holy Week, who in their right fucking mind thought it was a good idea for James Nesbitt to play Pilate in that new Jebus drama that's on all week?

I hope your T-shirts turn up tomorrow lads, or this whole thing has been as farcical as Dredd's trial :)

Buddy

That's a bit shit really... BAD REBELLION...BAD.

A week is plenty of time to post a shirt. Just lazy.

Ask for a refund.

Floyd-the-k

I'll get mine and wear it proudly next year

SamuelAWilkinson

I'm eagerly anticipating Tharg selling his remainder stock off cheap in the forthcoming weeks.

Either that, or giving them away like party favours to subs.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Hoagy

Well I'm eating a Guinness and steak pie with a potato and beans and my own mushroom gravy but don't tell god, will you.

Those t-shirts are a real disappointment.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Noisybast

Yep. Just got home. No T-Shirt and no reply to the email I sent on Saturday. Not best impressed :(

opaque

So will they be selling them off cheap now?
Seeing that they are only actually of use one day a year? ;)

Wils

Has anyone at all who ordered one got it yet? For something aimed at a specific day, this *is* a bit shit.

Noisybast

Got my reply from the shop today, saying it was sent on Friday, and that I'd need to sent the shirt back once it arrives to get a refund.
Still no sign of the bloody shirt, though.

Buddy

Probably a good idea to order your christmas t-shirt immediately to avoid a late delivery for december.

johnnystress

I reckon I'll return mine for a refund as well.

If I ever get them

Wils

Wait til you see the Zarjaz t-shirts they've got planned for Live Aid!