Main Menu

New Thrills for Prog 1577!

Started by 2000AD Online, 26 February, 2008, 10:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Prog 1577 sees the start of two new Thrills.

Savage: The Guv'nor by Pat Mills and Patrick Goddard is the fourth book in the acclaimed near-future series. With an uneasy truce holding between the British people and the occupying Volgan forces, Reconciliation Month is a time for building bridges - but for Bill Savage, now running a pub in King's Cross with his sister under new guises, there will be no peace until the UK is free of the Volgans!

Dead Eyes by John Smith and Lee Carter is a brand-new story, a contemporary thriller with undercurrents of serious weirdness. Lance Corporal Danny Redman is completing his tour of duty in Basra, looking forward to returning home to his wife and young daughter. But events will plunge him into a maelstrom of horror and mystery!

Prog 1577 is on sale 12 March 2008, still only £1.90.

Link: Tharg's Newsround

Pete Wells

Both of those look cool! Can't wait!

Richard

Lee Carter's work on Dead Eyes is phenomenal. We don't often see that degree of realism or grittiness, and not since Clint langley on Slaine. Can't wait to see a full episode.

Radbacker

yes Dead Eyes made me do the whole click to embiggen thing, frikin lovely cant wait.  

CU Radbacker

TordelBack

Wow. From just two pages,  Dead Eyes has the look of a classic.  

And I'm surprised how good Goodard's art looks on Savage - i thought i was going to miss Adlard's close-in stuff, but this more spacious look seems to work fine.

COMMANDO FORCES

Looking forward to Dead Eyes. At last some modern military stuff, with a wee twist!

Peter Wolf

Looking good especially dead Eyes.

There was a teaser page for a new strip some time back in the prog that looked to be set on an estate somewhere in the UK.

Does anyone know anything about this ?

Very very good art in Dead Eyes.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dark Jimbo

still only £1.90.

£1.90?! How long has the prog been £1.90?!
@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

let's hope the printing process can handle those colours, last thing we never is a return to the mucky mess of the ninties
DDT did a job on me

Van Dom

So if only 2 new stories start in 1577, does that mean there are still a few eps left to run for 2 of the strips currently going? I thought Kingdom/Stront/and Stickleback were all going to finish next week, but now it seems 2 of these may go on a bit longer. Unless of course Dead Eyes has a double length first episode, which is possible. So we should have Dredd, Savage, Dead Eyes and at least one, if not two of the current strips. I have a feeling Strontium Dog has a few episodes left in it yet but Id like to see Kingdom run a bit longer too. Reckon Stickleback will finish up next week cos they only usually have one b/w strip at a time.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Dark Jimbo

Reckon Stickleback will finish up next week cos they only usually have one b/w strip at a time.

This week (prog 1575) Tharg said that Kingdom and Stront finish next week (prog 1576). Not a word about Stickleback.

I do think Stickle needs ar least two more parts (or maybe a double-part ending) to unravel the tangled convolutions of the storyline, and while it's odd not to have a prog where all the stories finish at the same time, we did just have Shakara run at the same time as Stickles, so two b/w stories isn't entirely out of the question.
@jamesfeistdraws

Peter Wolf

Disappointed to hear that Kingdom is finishing next week  although its success should mean more of it on the way.

All those ex readers dont realise what they are missing.

Also another aspect of Kingdom is it was more like an old school strip.By that i mean that it wasnt trying to be too clever or knowing and can appeal to all ages rather than a more adult readership which is what the comic needs to get younger readers back into reading the comic.

Stories never finished all at the same time in the old days and i would rather be introduced to a new strip one at a time than a whole bunch of them all at once.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

satchmo

I think Kingdom might do well translated and republished in Europe.

nofuture

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK