Main Menu

2000AD leads the way in Digital comic enjoyment

Started by 2000AD Online, 26 March, 2008, 12:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

2000AD, the UK Premier Sci-Fi comic is pioneering 21st century comic book distribution with the launch of its full digital online service on Wednesday 19th March.

The site, the first to enable customers to download full copies of the comic, forms part of Tharg's Newsround

Bolt-01

Congratulations to all involved and I'm sure we all wish this to be a staggeringly successful venture.

Bolt-01

Bad Andy

You know what? I'm going to switch from my paper subscription to an online one.

I don't have the room in my London flat for a collection and this will make it easier to go back and read.

What can read CBR files and is it worth the extra effort of downloading such a programme?

Wils

This is what I tend to use. It's free, only about a 1MB download and does the job, although there's *bound* to be more polished ones about that you have to pay for.

http://www.geocities.com/davidayton/CDisplay.html">CDisplay

opaque

Yay :)
Only thing missing from that release is the cost of subscribing online.

I'll have to see how being out of the UK makes me hunger for 2000ad to see if I'll buy any more online. Great to have it as a choice though.

I think if theres any particular artwork that jumps out at me I'll buy the digital version. Especially if I can then get it printed out as a poster!

Bad Andy

Cheers Wils, but is it worth the extra effort? What does it add that a pdf won't bring to the party?

Trout

Hmmm. I prefer paper comics. I'm uneasy about this sort of malarkey.

- Trout

johnnystress

I hope it's a success..and it's probably the way forward

but I just don't like reading comics off a screen

Peter Wolf

This is a good idea if i like the art in a particular issue and want a digital scan of it.I dont want to subscribe to a digital comic but will buy individually as and when the need arises.

I am particularly interested in a complete digital archive or more specifically a full digital archive of progs 1 to 250 ,then perhaps 250 -500.I hope it happens.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

pauljholden

I'm tempted - if only so that I can search back issues for reference. But I would miss my paper copies.

-pj

dweezil2

Great news for those who don't have access to conventional Progs, but as I do, I'll stick to the paper versions-still anything that spreads the word is a good thing.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

ukdane

Hmmm. I prefer paper comics. I'm uneasy about this sort of malarkey.

I'm with Trout.
Cheers

-Daney

Proudhuff

I know its the future and everything but I do prefer the paper option, easier to read and take to the bog!

Huffruff
DDT did a job on me

numanti

I prefer the paper version too but there is something appealing in having an entire 2000AD collection on one hard drive rather than in tons of boxes in the attic.  Any chance of a cut price digital sub for people who want to add it to thier existing subs for hard copies?

The Adventurer

2000AD on Click Wheel has been a godsend since its launch in January. Already I've dropped buying paper 2000AD in favor of it, because its such a convenence. I'm sure I'll be doing the samething witht he Meg once it goes live.

I will still be buying (most? ALL?!) Trade collections in the future. For posterity.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK