Main Menu

Don't poke me!

Started by Floyd-the-k, 17 May, 2008, 01:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

Is anyone else here sick of Facebook?

I'm not sick of it as in "I've used it too much and now I'm tired of it".  I'm sick of reading my mail and getting messages telling me that such-and-such has sent me pictures/found my Japanese name/ written on my graffiti wall/sold me as a pet or some other cute thing.  What I'd like is for such-and-such to send me an email and say hello. I don't want to have to get into Facebook in order to have contact with someone who could contact me directly if they wanted to.
  Usually I'm a sucker for online stuff. Am I a luddite? Does anyone else feel this way about Facebook?  Is it connected to an impending 46th birthday?

well?

pauljholden

Went a bit crazy when I first joined it - but I've since learned how to ignore all that nonsense and now find it fairly useful.

- pj

Wake

You can turn off email notifications and block all the applications you don't want, leaving a good way of staying in touch with more people than you can reasonably keep up emails with. I upload photos of Bristol, The Sealed Knot, holidays, etc. and any of my family and friends who are interested can take a look and the rest can ignore them.

Floyd-the-k

damn, I was hoping to unleash a tide of pointless whinging. Should have mentioned Dr Who.  Oh well, thanks for that - I'll return to it when I have time

JamesC

I hate Facebook. I don't know why I bothered joining, anyone I really care about I see in real life. I keep getting people sending me pina colladas. Shite.

johnnystress

A while ago I'd have agreed but now I just automatically delete all those mails with pointless facebook nonsense

must look into blocking them completely

Steve Green

Yeah, a lot of it is like volunteering to get spam or chain letters.

I'm wondering if constantly updating your status is a prelude to becoming an OAP on a bus talking to yourself.