Main Menu

Not before time...

Started by DavidXBrunt, 13 June, 2009, 05:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Richmond Clements

I nominated him for that a year or two ago- so I think it's only right I take some of the credit...

Leigh S

For some reason i only read the "Sir Christopher" and assumed it was Biggins.... what that says about my state of mind,  i shudder to think!

Dandontdare

Great news - well deserved recognition. Shame Peter Cushing didn't survive long enough to join him though.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: "dandontdare"Great news - well deserved recognition. Shame Peter Cushing didn't survive long enough to join him though.

Great news- though the grumpy old sod won't appreciate all the "Arrise Sir Dracula" headlines in the papers over the last couple of days. But that, in itself, makes me laugh.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, it would though have been so much funnier if the queen had showed a sense of humour and appointed him a Count. And yes, I know, I know. But even so.

I worked with Chris Lee for a week once- and he was actually a very pleasant man. He wasn't particularly happy (the work- voiceover recording seemed to be "beneath him", I felt). But I asked him about Peter Cushing (a hero of mine) and the Dracula films, and he was more than happy to chat over coffee. Maybe I just caught him at a time in his life where he wasn't so uptight, or maybe we just got on, but he was mostly warm, funny and courteous. Certainly more so than a lot of the other "talent" that passed through our doors.

Steev

DavidXBrunt

A colleague and I were talking about Lee, Price, and Cushing the other day saying how nice it is that Lee lived long enough for his career to have a second phase of glory with Gormenghast, Sleepy Hollow, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and more. Vincent Price sort of did too with his collaborations with Tim Burton.

We were speculating on what Cushing would be doing now had he lived. Would he be making equally good films or would he have faded away. We'll never know but it passed an interesting half hour.

Robin Low

Quote from: "DavidXBrunt"We were speculating on what Cushing would be doing now had he lived. Would he be making equally good films or would he have faded away. We'll never know but it passed an interesting half hour.

Well, he was 81 when he died in 1994, and he was pretty frail when I saw him on Wogan in the late 80s, so I suspect the answer is fade away or voices for animated pieces.

Regards

Robin

DavidXBrunt

Well perhaps. I suspect he'd have been amenable to doing Audio plays as Soctor Who.