Main Menu

Matt 'the other' Wagner

Started by Colin YNWA, 18 March, 2014, 06:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Hi Colin. There's a Mage sale on Comixology until today. I've never read any of it, but I quite like Grendel. What should I get?
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 04 April, 2019, 09:24:21 AM
Hi Colin. There's a Mage sale on Comixology until today. I've never read any of it, but I quite like Grendel. What should I get?

I wonder if my answer will be a little predictable but...

...YEESSSSSSS...

All of it. Its different to Grendel in that I don't find it as experimental. Its a bit more of a hero's quest but Matt Wagner is such a master of the form its done sooooo well.

Bolt-01

Seconded! Mage is the absolute pinnacle for me.

Colin YNWA

GRENDAL'S BACK - OH YEAH, HE'S BACK!!!!

QuoteGrendel: Devil's Odyssey #1 (of 8)

Matt Wagner (W/A/Cover), Brennan Wagner (C), and Fabio Moon (Variant Cover)

On sale Oct 2
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

Grendel Prime searches the stars for a new home for mankind, and Matt Wagner returns to his darkest creation! As civilization comes to an end on Earth, the final Grendel Khan gives Grendel Prime a new directive: Find a perfect planet to be the new home for the human race. But will the deadly and relentless paladin ultimately save humanity . . . or destroy it?

• Grendel Prime continues the legacy in a space adventure!

Hawkmumbler

THATS MADE MY DAY!

I hope this means the OOP Omnibuses are due a reprint, I still need to pick up The Shadow/Grendel and Grendel Tales Omnibuses too.

Bolt-01

...drools...

Really need to post a pic of the Grendel figurines Mrs Bolt got me for my Bday the other year. A beautiful bit o' tat.

Rately

That Fabio Moon cover is lovely.

I am really looking forward to this.

And I really, really need to get around to Mage.

Bolt-01

Colin YNWA

God Matt Wagner is good, so very good.

I'd love to see him do Dredd.

Rately

Usually wait nowadays for the digital collections, but I've subscribed to this on Comixology, and looking forward to getting home and reading the first issue.

Matt Wagner makes the best comics.

Hawkmumbler

Aye, that was some bloody good stuff! Always happy for more Grendel!

Colin YNWA

Got it, read it, love it. Its really quite brilliant. The only disappointment is when Grendal Prime loses his space helmet. He looked so cool in  his clear space helmet. I know it served no pupose but looking cool is important in comics.

Onto more important matters. The idea of space Grendal cast away from a dead human race to start a new Grendal clone humanity engaging with aliens to see if they will be suitable partners just feels so rich and full of potential. Throw into that mix a fight with a giant alien space insectoid and this just oozes a master of his form, knowing how to make great story.

Brilliant.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 October, 2019, 02:13:48 PM
Got it, read it, love it. Its really quite brilliant.

Have to agree with Colin, as per usual.
A strong start and welcome return to both the character of Grendel Prime and Wagner.
It's a blank slate setting for the next 7 months, which I'm quite looking forward to.

karlos

Any news on when we can expect a HC of Mage: The Hero Denied?

Smith

So far Devils Odyssey has been great. Vivat Grendel!