Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodsy

Quote from: Dolman on 07 February, 2017, 09:51:41 AM
Quote from: Steamrunner on 06 February, 2017, 06:05:14 PM
Well, I'm askin'....  any chance of that as a nice, shiny, readable PDF plzzzz ??!  :D :D :D

Here it is.

I'm just getting sent to the App Store for Bubble Witch Saga 3 with that link.....  :-\
Twitter - @dodsy84

Dolman

Sorry about that. Use an adblocker or this alt-link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3mcknndsaqd4u7n/Prog2000AD40Years.pdf Free hosting websites are usually full of ads  :(

Steamrunner

Dodsy

Quote from: Dolman on 07 February, 2017, 10:13:32 AM
Sorry about that. Use an adblocker or this alt-link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3mcknndsaqd4u7n/Prog2000AD40Years.pdf Free hosting websites are usually full of ads  :(

That's great! Cheers mate, will come in handy to have on my phone on the day.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Bolt-01

Thanks for the PDF and for the docs in the first place. Very useful.

The main hall (not the bar) looks well laid out, and I'm very curious to see what Hachette have for the day. I'm hoping they are flogging copies of the books at a reduced price, but we'll see.

Magnetica

Just wondering how people view the day.

Is it more about getting stuff signed and chatting to the creators while that is happening, attending the talks or just hanging out in the bar? Or possibly a combination of all that.

Curious as I have never been to anything like this before.

SuperSurfer

Looks like I will be spending much of the day sitting on my butt as there are so many talks I'm interested in.

I'm not really into the getting stuff signed thing though that's a good way to have chit-chat with creators. I have a lot of signatures in my 2000AD annuals with one notable exception: Mr McMahon so am tempted to take those.

opaque

I'm thinking talks is the way to go as well but how many of us will be able to go to them, always a perennial problem! So it might be a matter of seeing what you can get to and adapting from then.

If I had lots of money I'd be at every single table and buying stuff but as I don't I'm not sure what exactly I'll be doing either. Signatures would be nice, especially as there is a book for that in the bundle ticket and there is a nice mix of people doing it. I'm guessing the Nerve Centre signings are at the 2000ad tables in the Interactive Zone.

The benefit for this con is that there are a fixed number of people that they have planned around. Obviously knowing some people would rather get Pat Smith's autograph than go the Wagner/Ezquerra talk (not me) sort of thing.

Sounds like a fair few people dressed up as well so theres going to be a lot of photo opportunities on the day so I might well be doing a lot of that as it's easy to be quiet and tuck myself into a corner!

Steve Green

Pat Smith?

Are they extending comic mergers to the editors now?

moly

Happy to hear there are a lot of people cosplaying as I'm taking my daughter with me and she loves cosplay I'm looking to hopefully buying a load of stuff and finally meeting some people from here oh and having a few beers

opaque

Quote from: Steve Green on 07 February, 2017, 02:54:06 PM
Pat Smith?

Are they extending comic mergers to the editors now?

:) Sorry I was thinking Pat Sharp, the one with the big hair

Mardroid

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 February, 2017, 09:31:26 AM
I've just checked with the hotel and there are two bars on site, one for the Con and the other's for anyone. Those that didn't get a ticket can still come along for a drink and soak up a bit of the atmosphere, until we hit the pubs!

Great! Music to my, erm, eyes.

Molch-R

Quote from: NapalmKev on 06 February, 2017, 06:08:35 PM
Profound apologies for keeping on, as mother used to say, but I won't be at the venue until just after 10:00. Will there still be someone there to register my ticket/wristband, etc.

Registration/wristband pick-up is open all day, it just moves upstairs at 10am (well, when the queue to get in dies down). You don't have to be there on the dot.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Magnetica on 07 February, 2017, 02:17:20 PM
Just wondering how people view the day.

Is it more about getting stuff signed and chatting to the creators while that is happening, attending the talks or just hanging out in the bar? Or possibly a combination of all that.

Curious as I have never been to anything like this before.

Some people spend ages queuing at every table with armloads of things to sign (yes, I'm looking at you Mr Burdis!) or getting sketches. Me I'm not so fussed about that - I aim to fill in several missing droid autographs, attend some of the panel discussions and pretty much wander round or hang in the bar chatting. I like the way the bar is in the centre so people will be passing through when going from room to room, a very sociable set-up! The only person I really want to meet, who I always miss as we seem to attend different conventions every year, is Carlos Ezquerra, so I hope to spend some time nodding respectfully while pretending to understand his accent.

I can predict that "are you on the forum? what's your username?" will be the standard question of the day! I'm going to dig out the badge I made of my profile pic for the 2010 Hi-Ex HellTrek, so if you see me say hello!

Steamrunner

On the subject of recognition — and not that I'm a forum regular or anything (I do quite like being labelled a "Sub Basement Sewer Unit") — but for all you a) cosplayers and b) famous peoples, if you see a bog-standard middle-aged guy with an old brick of a Pentax camera (instead of a brand more fashionable) standing around looking nervous about asking if it's ok to take your picture... then that'll be me. Please say 'hi'!