Main Menu

Prog 2260 - Judge Klegg Superstar

Started by Barrington Boots, 29 November, 2021, 04:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean SD

My Top 3 for Prog 2260

1st - The Out - On the run from some serious enemies

2nd - Scarlet Traces - the colours by D'Israeli again and what's gonna happen next week

3rd - Dexter - Also on the run but add fights with dinosaurs

norton canes

Urgh, just getting over a couple of days of booster after-effects

A strange prog, full of endings which aren't quite endings

A bumper wrap for 'The Musical!' which TBH might have been better without the Enormo Overdrive stuff bolted on. Love Fire's paper flames. Probably one for the 'Things that went over your head' thread in General but this is mainly a pastiche of Hamilton, isn't it..?

I guess it would be fair to say nobody saw this coming in Scarlet Traces? It reminds me a bit of the epilogue on Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds album that jumps forward to a NASA mission discovering the Martians aren't as dead as people thought. As someone who didn't read the strip from the start, it'll be nice to have a continuation of the story that isn't burdened by so many characters.

Dexter is as great a read as ever. I genuinely think it really does encapsulate the feel of ongoing 2000 AD strips from the 80's. Am I missing another reference with that "Some barbarian queen from a really cheesy movie" remark? Also, what's the betting that next week's instalment consists mainly of a plot catch-up..?

Finally The Out, which is just utterly, absolutely devastating. Because the truth is most of the time war isn't about heroic hand-to-hand combat, or duelling spaceships - it's about wiping out as many people as possible from a safe distance. Stunning work from Mark Harrison on the centrefold pages, with the masterfully crafted sound effect lettering, and on that breathtaking full page panel. Hands down the best single instalment of a strip this year.

Christmas prog incoming!

norton canes

Okay, I did say I was getting over some after-effects

Suppose I'd better paste all that into the right thread...