Main Menu

I got my letter published but no toy *sad*

Started by Fifty, 28 January, 2002, 07:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fifty

I got my letter published a few weeks back (The short one saying Couch Potatoes was possibly the funniest ever Dredd strip), but I got no toy.

I live in Japan but gave my folks mailling address in Kent for the toy, but they got a bunch of photos instead.

Apparently the photos are pretty cool with some wicked artwork, but I WANT MY TOY *WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH*

Plus I won't get to see them 'til my folks visit at the end of March.

Fifty

I forgot to mention, Tharg wrote the letter personally and blamed the Dictators of Zrag.

Lovely letter.

Thoroughly nice guy that Tharg.

Down with all Zraggian Dictators!!

Thread Zero

I think the Slaine toy is the best. It is bigger than the rest. And it's larger in size too.

scojo

Thread Zero

Fifty,

Where do you live in Japan?

Can you speak the language?

scojo

Fifty

I live in Miyazaki, which is the easternmost prefecture (read "county") of Kyushu, the southernmost of the four main islands.  My prefecture is the poorest in the countryside and is regarded as "countryside" by those who live here, and "backwards" by those who don't

I am learning to speak the language.  I pnly started 6 months ago, but most people are very impressed by my progress.  I can buy and order  stuff and order food in a restaurant and have a short conversation, not discuss anything in depth though.

I have started reading a few Japanese comics in the original Japanese as study (Generally with the English version next to me though!)

2000AD Online

Y'know, I was once going to try my hand at writing a letter until I noticed how the payment for having one published seemed to be increasing ahead of the rate of inflation. As naive as it may seem now, I thought I could hold out until I was fifty or there abouts in which case I'd be able to afford a mortgage.

Lo and behold, Tharg in his wisdom decided to do away with the cash prize and instead started giving out those #*%&$~@! Liquid Containment Vessels!

paulvonscott

Get your parents to go to a more store or poundstretcher (If they dare) and get you a load of 2000AD figures for a few quid each for your birthday.

Fifty

Not a bad idea.

And they can ceratinly afford it.  They told me yesterday that they are bringing 3000 quid spending money when they visit me in March!!

For two weeks!!!

3000 quid!!!

That is 2 months wages for me!!

(well, for them too, but that isn't the point)

3000 quid!!