Main Menu

That West wall...

Started by Proudhuff, 28 July, 2003, 09:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 19 August, 2014, 02:59:34 PM
funnin', feudin', fightin', flatin' McCoys good enough for you?

Apparently the feud between the Blimps and the McCoys started over the division of labour in their comics colouring business, sorry, colorin' bizinuss.

Frank

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 August, 2014, 11:29:03 AM
my original question still stands, (unlike large areas of the meg and the West/North/South Walls) Shirley Post DoC, the Justice Dept hasn't got thousand of Judges loafing about on the West Wall?

There hasn't been any indication of which sectors the remaining 50 million inhabitants of MC1 have been herded into. Assuming that 10% of the former population fit into 10% of its former surface area, MC1 might not even stretch as far as what used to be the West wall. Since muties are legit cits nowadays, I'm not sure the wall needs to be defended in the same way it used to be - plenty derelict areas of the city populated by marauders such as those we saw making a meal of Lenny in Wagner & Cook's recent Student Bodies to take care of invaders.

judgerussell

ZENARCADE has a pretty awesome map of mega city one, including everything you need to know. Maybe he'll post it up.

Steve Green

Is this a necroposting record?

Trout

and we're back!

and lo it came to pass wot Trout said.

However my original question still stands, (unlike large areas of the meg and the West/North/South Walls)

Shirley Post DoC, the Justice Dept hasn't got thousand of Judges loafing about on the West Wall?

Neeeeeeecropost joy!

We even got some Bolland!

Stu101

Quote from: The Cosh on 19 August, 2014, 02:59:34 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 July, 2003, 09:04:53 PM
Why no cajuns?
Weren't the Alabammy Blimps and the funnin', feudin', fightin', flatin' McCoys good enough for you?

And what happened to my earlier version of this reply, eh?

My heads spinning with all this info... as it always has seeing that I'm not too good at 'keeping up'
I'd like an animated (of sorts) run down of the Megs history, maps increasing then decreasing in size etc.

Off topic but it seems that this cover is selling on ebay at the mo,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JUDGE-DREDD-Original-Cover-Art-Steve-Dillon-2000AD-prog-539-1987-/201152410753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ed59e3481

Dillon's work fetches a fair penny eh... £687 with 5 days left

Anyhow boy's, back to the continuity.

Proudhuff

Quote from: sauchie post office on 19 August, 2014, 05:47:33 PM
my original question still stands, (unlike large areas of the meg and the West/North/South Walls) Shirley Post DoC, the Justice Dept hasn't got thousand of Judges loafing about on the West Wall?

There hasn't been any indication of which sectors the remaining 50 million inhabitants of MC1 have been herded into. Assuming that 10% of the former population fit into 10% of its former surface area, MC1 might not even stretch as far as what used to be the West wall. Since muties are legit cits nowadays, I'm not sure the wall needs to be defended in the same way it used to be - plenty derelict areas of the city populated by marauders such as those we saw making a meal of Lenny in Wagner & Cook's recent Student Bodies to take care of invaders.

That's kinda what I was thinking, if you consider the population of the Uk spread over the entire east coast of the USA, they would be pretty thin on the ground? Then stick them in a big blocks whole areas would be ghost towns/cities/blocks.

An idea would be that the Justice Dept could/would rent out blocks to other overcrowded cities if they cleared/rebuilt them? or have other cities been hit hard by D0C too?

The current Wagner story in the Megazine(McGuffin aside) could be applied to large areas of MC1 where buildings and their contents would be massive massive temptation for landgarbs and 'official' looting: think nazi gold, artworks, property theft in 1930/40s Europe.

Might be logical to stick the Citi-Def on the wall, and hey get the Citz to rebuild it? hmmm that's starting to sound kinda familiar ...
DDT did a job on me

ZenArcade

The West wall: in my opinion the wast wall runs all the way down from the shores of Lake Eerie near Rochester NY till the coast around North Virginia, there isnt a south wall as such. Yhe nort wall runs through from Vermont to near the St Lawrence river mouth running into Lake Eerie. There would also be extensive Atlantic wall fortification as well. I couldn't see the integrity of the wall being compromised by DOC it is a formidable structure and would need heavier ordinance than anything citidef units would be equipped with. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

opaque

It's the space thing that makes the massive cut to 50 million the biggest hit to me.
It's too small. It doesn't match up anymore.
If you took today's Shanghi, Karachi and Beijing you'd have a population of 68 million in a space smaller than Colorado.
And that's without giant blocks etc.
Most of MC1 must be empty now. I know we have seen big areas destroyed/in ruins etc but the scale of the emptiness must be unimaginable.

Proudhuff

Quote from: opaque on 28 August, 2014, 01:50:02 PM
Most of MC1 must be empty now. I know we have seen big areas destroyed/in ruins etc but the scale of the emptiness must be unimaginable.

And I believe something that hasn't really been explored, and on the other hand you can't imagine the Justice Dept 'giving' any ground
DDT did a job on me