Main Menu

Huge Slaine spoiler

Started by ukdane, 26 May, 2005, 06:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

There?s going to be an epilogue to The Books of Invasions, as Slaine looks for his son Kai, and then he?ll be taking a rest for a while

So he ain't gonna die then.
Cheers

-Daney

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Wils

So he ain't gonna die then.

Shit.

Fingers still crossed for Ray & Finny, though.

The Amstor Computer

Fuck.

I really cannot be arsed with this series any more, and given that Pat's best work in 2000AD & the Meg in the past few years has been on new strips (Savage & Black Siddha) I was hoping that he was finally going to ditch Slaine and create something new to take his place.

Fuck.

Artificial Idiot

Well, personally I'll give credit where credit is due and say that Slaine is REALLY good at the moment. True, I haven't endured all the years of mundane same-old, same-old like you lot... But really, if the tales continue to be as strong as they are now.. I have no complaints.

However, if not... Then it is indeed a daunting prospect.

Byron Virgo

I don't think this really is a spoiler, since Mills said ages ago that Ukko was going to return at some point in the distant future beyond Book of Invasions, so Slaine wasn't going to be offed anytime soon anyway.

Mudcrab

How about a series of Ukko's Wild Years, before Slaine grew up? I assume he's well old. Drawn by Critchlow preferably. That'd be fine,thanks.

Slaine? Meeeh, I still enjoy it.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

DavidXBrunt

Steve Roberts would do a really good job on a series like that.

Carlsborg Expert

yeh
im agreeing with a synopsis surrounding ukko.

all those in...

Floyd-the-k

I agree, that's not much of a spoiler. Guess you were being sarcarstic there.
  How are the rest of the Irish getting on in the other density they choofed off to?

paulvonscott

I thought it was a big spoiler, as I thought Slaine might be coming to an end, but I couldn't help but look though.

Look forward to the epilogue book though.

People who dislike Slaine can at least take comfort from the fact it'll be resting for a while.  What rest do I get from Sin Dex and Bek and Kawl, not much (at least that's how it seems to me)!

And I can imagine a returning SLaine being a very different beast.  His tribe in the El Worlds, it'll be interesting to see what Slaine does.  I'd like to see him wander the world, and other mythical places, but who knows?

The Amstor Computer

"What rest do I get from Sin Dex and Bek and Kawl, not much (at least that's how it seems to me)!"

...and what rest do I get from Sin/Dex, Bec & Kawl *and* Slaine? ;-)

"I can imagine a returning SLaine being a very different beast"

I can't, unfortunately. I've seen no indication in the entire Books of Invasion saga of a change in Mills' approach to the character, and the best I can hope for is a change of artist - though given how different my idea of "suitable Slaine artist" has been from Pat's in recent years, I may be disappointed...

Funt Solo

I've written a small program to fix The Amstor Computer:

try
{
   System.out.println("I love Slaine!");
}
catch(java.twothousandAD.iHateSlaineError e)
{
   System.err.println("Thrill-Sucker infestation detected.")
}

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Amstor Computer

paulvonscott

What I mean by that Hamstor Computer, is that the book of invasions has irrevocably changed Slaine's world I think.  His tribe is gone, and I'm not sure what he would do once he presumably defeats the formorians.  

I think his character might not change immedietly, but his role will, and that might have an effect.  It's all theoretical.  As it is you only have one and a bit series of Slaine to suffer for the forseeable future.