Hoagy - Dark Days
james newell - Fear and Dredd

Nic_Freeman

1. SKD - Mortis
2. Andy Lambert - Dark Judges
3. Steven Austin - Dark Judges
4. Neil McClements4 - Fear
5. Dommi Kerley2 - Death

That wasn't easy. Amazing overall standard, I'm going to have to try a LOT harder next month...

Fungus

What a brilliant monthly chore  :)

1st  Moy-a  A Nice Day In Spring
2nd  James Newell  Fear and Dredd
3rd  James Dilworth  Sidney
4th  SKD  Mortis
5th  Hoagy  Dark Days

Colin YNWA

Bloomin' heck it would have been a bloody good competition with just the pictures of Judge Mortis! I'm no fan of the Dark Judges these days but that was exceptional. Getting it to 5 was tough, deciding the order of those five even harder. Ask me on another day and I'm sure I'd have a completely different set of results BUT

1st Paul Moore: Movie Death - No just Prog worthy but would stand out as excellent even there
2nd Tombonin: Dredd vs Death - something about the way Death is posed is so damned creepy!
3rd James Dilworth: Sidney - how evil does he look!
4th Neil Clements 4: Fear - Love them all so had to pick one
5th Stu 101: Mortis Strikingly different and scary

HM Neil Clements 1, 2 and 3 as they didn't get in my final vote and James Newell

Greg M.

1st: SKD – Judge Mortis is bloody frightening and has a big scary head.
2nd: james newell – Ian Gibson-esque and a great idea.
3rd: Moya-a – Horrible and yet poetic.
4th: Andy Lambert – Classic image of the boys.
5th: Fiona Boniwell – Original choice and stylish re-imagining.

HM – eamonn1961, Rugers, Steven Austin, stuart catley

James Dilworth

1.  SKD - Mortis  Morbid and funny.
2.  Andy Lambert - Dark Judges  Wonderful atmosphere and lighting.
3.  Fiona Boniwell - Nausea  So much energy.
4.  MrLongtheArtist - Even Death Can Dream  So much joy.
5.  Neil McClements2 - Fire  A new spin on an old classic (I wish I'd thought of it first :D).

HM's - Steven Austin, James Newell, Dark Jimbo

Mangamax

Tricky.
Okay:
1 = Larf
2 = Moy-a
3 = Neil McClemnts - Fear
4 = Andy Lambert
5 = eamon1961
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

stuartcatley

VERY hard to decide 5 out of this lot.

In order to choose 5 I decided to vote for those which I felt were artistically fresh and those which gave me a window to a world I would to see more of.

Therefore:

1. Rugers
2. Steve Austin
3. James Dilworth
4. Brother Grotusk
5. Fiona Boniwell

HMs to Mr.longtheartist and Nic Freeman

However, ALL submissions were excellent in my humble opinion and I hope to see more submissions from everyone in next months comp!

Martintds

The standard this month was ridiculously high. Absolutely amazing. The subject matter was inspiring (great call Neil) and absolutely everyone rose to the task at hand.

1. SKD - Mortis. This has absolutely everything going for it, subject matter, composition, application and a wicked sense of the grotesque. Out of the park.

2. Tombonin -  Dredd V Death. Love the looseness of this, along with the unnatural pose of Death. Scary.

3. Fear - Neil McClements. What can be said about his man that hasn't been said already. He could win it every month. This is the best of his four. Just beautiful. Tharg give this man a job already, will ya ?

4. James Dilworth - SSSSSidney. A wonderful portrait of the artist as a young man. Wicked.

5. Larf - Red Death. A communist Death ? Love it. Wonderful drawing and colouring too.

HMS: I am the system, Leigh S, Fiona Boniwell, Paul Moore.....ah everyone...love it.

Darren Stephens

Man, what a turn out. Is this some sort of record? Anyway, on to the voting....

1: Steven Austin. Mind blowingly good drawing.
2: SKDs Mortis. Ditto.
3: LARF. Brilliant twist and superbly drawn
4: Fiona Boniwell,  Nausea. Very striking.
5: Neil McClements2 - Fire

HMs go to Paul Moore - Movie Judge Death and Neil McClements4 - Fear

This list is how I chose this evening. I dare say if I chose tomorrow, I'd choose totally different entries, such was the calibre this month. Oh, and I hope all you new boarders stick around for next months comp. And the months after....!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Woolly

5? Only 5?
Which idiot thought of that...  ::)

Ah well, I'll attempt it:

1st Place: Steven Austin - Dark Judges
I'd be applauding this if it was in the Prog, let alone the art competitions. Would be perfect as a poster prog.

2nd Place: SKD - Mortis
More prog-worthy work. Love the wet spine dangling from the corpse, and love SKD's style as usual.

3rd Place: james newell - Fear and Dredd
At first glace, this is a clever cartoon with an even more clever punch-line. At a closer look, its an incredibly well inked piece of art.
Dredd himself is astounding - not a line out of place. Brilliant stuff.

4th Place: Andy Lambert - Dark Judges
Now this is lush! Really brings out the sheer horror of them all - Fire looks amazing!

5th Place: LARF - Red Death
Probably the most original of the bunch, and a great re-design. The colours make it a really striking image.

Honourable Mentions:

1: James Dilworth - Sidney
Instantly recognisable as Sidney, which is no mean feat considering how he normally looks! Prog cover worthy.

2. amines2058 - Death
Some lovely inks here. If I didn't know better I'd say this was by Clint Langley, which is a Very Good Thing.

3. Leigh S - Dark Judges
This would make another great poster-prog. Or a print. (I hope yer reading this, Tharg!  ;))

Apologies:
Everyone else. Really. EVERYONE else. You all deserved a vote, and some that I voted for deserved higher places. I applaud you all.

Steven Austin

Ok firstly I must just concur with what everyone else has said - the standard this month has been incredibly high and the top 5 doesn't REALLY reflect the standard of work as many should be standing side by side within a ratings scale and not above or below BUT it is what it is and I have had to pick my fav five so as of NOW they are.

1. SKD - Mortis (This has actually been at the top of my list the whole way through, lovely lovely traditional work beautifully executed).

2. Neil McClements - Fear (Having loved all of Mr McClement's Dark Judges this one really popped for me, love the scratchiness of his line work on this - it suit Fear perfectly and extra points for the originality).

3. Tombonin - Dredd vs Death (I am a fan of line work first and foremost and love the looseness of this piece, I also really dig the unnatural pose of Death almost laid across Dredd - I can smell his rancid breath from here).

4. James Dilworth - Sidney (Love the simplicity of this piece which works so well because o James' brilliant execution, great characterisation, lovely intense colours and textures. Beautiful work.

5. Andy Lambert - Dark Judges (Beyond the great painting I love the composition of this piece, Fire looks fanatastic and I love the head of Mortis.

SM - SO many but here are a few - Iamthesystem, James Newell, Mrlongartist etc etc etc.

antodonnell

A stunning turn out with awesome contributions I had started one but time was re allocated to the new baby in the house. I'll hopefully be able to finish something later in the year  :D

1- Andy Lambert - Dark Judges
2- Steve Austin - Dark Judges
3- Paul Moore  - Movie Judge Death
4- SKD - Mortis
5- Neil McClements2 - Fire

Jon

I feel this needs redressing a bit...

1 - SKD - Mortis
2 - SKD - Mortis
3 - SKD - Mortis
4 - SKD - Mortis
5 - SKD - Mortis