Main Menu

G'day!

Started by Egghunter, 02 February, 2009, 12:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egghunter

My name is Katja. I'm a Swedish comics artist and a fan of 2000AD; a complete newbie to this forum who wants to make her presense known with a big "Hello everyone!".  :D
I must confess that ever since I started getting serious about my own works some years ago, my regular reading of comics has been suffering from inactivity, but I am working hard to catch up.

Cheers!

Batman's Superior Cousin

Hello, so you're from Sweden are you?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Egghunter

Yep that's right. Still living in Gothenburg, but hoping to be able to move to the UK before this year's over.
Also, I can reveal that the comics scene in Sweden is sadly almost non existing...

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: "Egghunter"Yep that's right. Still living in Gothenburg, but hoping to be able to move to the UK before this year's over.
Also, I can reveal that the comics scene in Sweden is sadly almost non existing...
Non-existing, yikes!

Where will be hoping to move to in the UK, pardon me for asking?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Egghunter

Quote from: "Batson"Non-existing, yikes!

Yeah unfortunately... We get many of the most famous American comics, and similar, and we've got the annual Small Press Expo held in Stockholm every year, which is kind of international as there are featured artists from all over the world, but the local exhibitioners are mostly students from various art schools. As I've been trying to get my comics published, I've of course been looking for suitable publishers just to find that there are almost none, and most of them are very niched! So most comic artists here use print-on-demand services to get out their stuff. I've tried that too, but it's no good in the long run as it costs too much.

Quote from: "Batson"Where will be hoping to move to in the UK, pardon me for asking?

This far I've been thinking about the London area (which I guess is not very original), but that's mainly because there's where most of my UK friends live. However, what will decide the location in the end, I guess will be where I manage to get a job.  ;)

W. R. Logan

Quote from: "Batson"Hello, so you're from Sweden are you?

you really need help talking to girls

Dark Jimbo

Hey there.

Always nice to be reminded that some women, somewhere, do actually read comics!
@jamesfeistdraws

Egghunter

Quote from: "Dark Jimbo"Hey there.

Always nice to be reminded that some women, somewhere, do actually read comics!

Hi!

Yeah.. I've always found it strange that comics obviously does not appeal to women to a very great extent. It remains a mystery. But then again, I'm a geek.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: "W. R. Logan"
Quote from: "Batson"Hello, so you're from Sweden are you?

you really need help talking to girls

I know but I don't know what to say to 'em!
Texts from Last Night

Bouwel

Hi and welcome :)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

James Stacey

hello and welcome (from another n00b)

Kerrin

Wotcha Katja, welcome to the board. Have a go at the art competition. It's in the general section. Fridays the deadline for this months but the February one will be along soon after that.

Peter Wolf

Hi .

It has been snowing here today and i have been depressed so i should move to Sweden.

Post some images of your artwork or i will start posting Abba videos.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Egghunter

Thanks guys!  ;)

@ peterwolf: Strangely no snow here this winter. Yet. But as usually nowadays, we'll probably get it in March. I'm currently going through the forum trying to find out about the different sections and where to post what, so please be patient because  Abba are as creepy as hospitals.

Dandontdare

Hello and welcome! There's as much talk about biscuits as comics, but it's a friendly place!