Main Menu

Rogue Trooper: The Quartz Zone Massacre (Wii)

Started by The Amstor Computer, 09 May, 2008, 02:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Spotted in Game in the St James Centre in Edinbugger at lunchtime but not in HMV.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bad Andy

I have it on the Xbox, but might have a Wii tickle. Getting my Xbox out is a pain.

dweezil2

I've been playing this rather a lot recently. It's really rather good!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Bouwel

It's actually a fair game and I would say the music fits it to a 'T'. I think I may try the cuddly wrestling of getting it to work on Vista later. Or maybe not.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Proudhuff

Quote from: "Tiplodocus"Spotted in Game in the St James Centre in Edinbugger at lunchtime but not in HMV.

Thanks for the Tip Tips...

picked it up today as a 2 for £30 deal
DDT did a job on me

bluemeanie

Started playing this on the wii this week... really been enjoying it.
Cool story in with all the action and the contol system is kinda good too. Does capture the big battle feel really well

Do have to admit its taken a slight back burner to Wolverine Uncaged though since yesterday. I'm a sucker for blood and guts.

Bolt-01

I got a copy of Rogue for the Wii for X-mas, which made it even nicer that we'd got a Wii as well.

Only played some Multi-player with Dan so far- but it looks fine compared to the PS2 version, my only gripe so far being that I don't seem to be able to detonate the Micro-mines remotely.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 29 December, 2009, 01:36:54 PM
I don't seem to be able to detonate the Micro-mines remotely.

Off the top of my head I can't remember exactly but I think you shake the nunchuk thing and that explodes the buggers (or you pull it up vertical) :-\

Keef Monkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 29 December, 2009, 04:26:31 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 29 December, 2009, 01:36:54 PM
I don't seem to be able to detonate the Micro-mines remotely.

Off the top of my head I can't remember exactly but I think you shake the nunchuk thing and that explodes the buggers (or you pull it up vertical) :-\

I seem to remember turning the nunchuk on it's side for a second or two to blow them up, but that might be wrong.

Tiplodocus

Keef Monkey speaks the truth.

I got this for Christmas and am really enjoying it so far.

Sniping is such fantastic fun - really satisfying.  The cut scenes and story are also a bundle of fun re-imagining and the overall design and feel is great.

I'd prefer bigger Gibbonesque suits on the southers though.

And I'd prefer to be able to complete the level on the hover train. Is it bastard hard or am I missing an obvious trick?

Devons Daddy

got it on the WII as it was there and i HAD TO HAVE IT.

love playing a 2k character, not a wow wonderful, but a solid enough enjoyment.
worthy of your money.

like!
and price wise, not high, not low, so a decent buy.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 06 January, 2010, 07:34:33 PM
And I'd prefer to be able to complete the level on the hover train. Is it bastard hard or am I missing an obvious trick?

It's hard but not as hard as when you finally meet the Traitor General and his millions of soldiers, now that was a bugger.
The way I got round the hover train was, shoot the lead scammell's and let the rest run into your sustained fire. Once all gone get onto the top gun and start taking the mortar teams and gliders out. Keep going between the two and don't hang about, once the targets are gone get to the next firing position so you are ready.
Also shoot the fuel dumps that the scammells run towards and the soldiers are stood near. The explosions help take them all out.
When the train meets the hover ships (can't remember the name) take the nearest out with sustained fire and repeat, you should kill them all before the gliders appear again.
Once you have done this you will have enough life to fight through the last part of the train journey when the hover ships and gliders come at you from all over.
Always let them fly into your line of fire and then just track them and move onto the next target.
Hope that helps.

ThryllSeekyr

Thsi was the game I was referring two when some one very important person asked me what meant by the new Rogue Trooper Game.

Is this one much different from the first.

Worth getting?

I've got stuck on the train level as well.

Right after you come out out the tunnel.

I may restart it one day.

Proudhuff

Your right royal worshipfulness...I've not noticed much different from the 'first' having played both, PS2 to the end and Wii till about halfway through.
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Never had a problem with the blokes on Stammell's (or off them) or the Hoppas, it was using the flak cannon against the gliders that was the problem.  Just couldn't seem to get a bead on them or move the cannon quick enough.

In the end I left it to Tiny Tips and he managed it on about his third go.

Next level was Petrified Forest which was brilliant fun, especially with the proper sniper at the end.  He was a bit of a bugger to see but I finally popped him.

This really is a jolly enjoyable game; I recall EDGE gave it a good 7/10 (which is pretty good for one of their reviews as they think 5/10 is average) but then those twonks in the Nintendo Magazine only gave it 5/10 (and they think 7/10 is average) based just about solely on the fact that "it's a year old port".  I think I'll write them a letter.