Main Menu

The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance

Started by Andy Lambert, 18 May, 2017, 09:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgeurko

This is typical of Netflix. How many shows have been cancelled prematurely, by that I mean with a cliffhanger ending. Stop with the cliffhanger endings! Just give us a miniseries.

radiator

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 September, 2020, 08:07:11 AM
Was looking forward to catching up with this at some point. Does Season 1 stand up on its own?

I would say yes.

It does sort of set itself up for a second season, but you could definitely enjoy it as a one off too. I mean, you basically know how the Age of Resistance went from the original movie.

radiator

It also does have a very satisfying complete arc in and of itself I would say.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: radiator on 30 September, 2020, 07:46:13 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 September, 2020, 08:07:11 AM
Was looking forward to catching up with this at some point. Does Season 1 stand up on its own?

I would say yes.

It does sort of set itself up for a second season, but you could definitely enjoy it as a one off too. I mean, you basically know how the Age of Resistance went from the original movie.

That's good to hear. Back on my to watch list then... with sooo much...

radiator

Don't think I've been this gutted about a cancellation since the Dredd sequels...  :'(

judgeurko

Quote from: radiator on 02 October, 2020, 12:07:39 AM
Don't think I've been this gutted about a cancellation since the Dredd sequels...  :'(
Dredd sequels were cancelled? I thought they were only on the cards if Dredd made a certain amount at the box office.

radiator

Dandontdare

Quote from: sheridan on 23 September, 2020, 08:17:14 AM
That's literally the reason (though there's one or two others in that article).

good article - the big point being the enormous rise in production costs if the first two seasons are successful - those cheap up and coming talents you took a chance on for your ensemble cast have now become established fan-favourites with agents who can demand massive fees to commit to season 3 onwards.