Main Menu

Doom Patrol… Season Three

Started by Jim_Campbell, 12 September, 2020, 07:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Season Three confirmed.

This is fantastic news, especially since S2 ends rather abruptly, due to shooting of Ep10 (the finale) having to be abandoned because of Covid.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Radbacker

Great news one of my favourite series, and yes season 2 did just suddenly finish without any kind of satisfying wrap up.

CU Radbacker

broodblik

Just one question is it worthwhile watching ? Currently the market is flooded with superhero shows.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

I watched the first season.  It was good but not quite good enough to entice me to watch the second season - maybe I'm the problem though, wanting it to be just like the Grant Morrison comic.  Might get back to it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 September, 2020, 11:05:56 AM
wanting it to be just like the Grant Morrison comic.

I thought it was more like the Morrison/Case run that I ever imagined I'd see realised in live action.

Mardroid

Quote from: broodblik on 13 September, 2020, 06:04:57 AM
Just one question is it worthwhile watching ? Currently the market is flooded with superhero shows.

Hard to answer as everyone's tastes differ, but it is VERY unique among those superhero shows. It goes to an extremely surreal place quite regularly, but can range from dark to very sweet and poignant.

JayzusB.Christ

Maybe I'll give it another shot.  I need something to fill the gap after I finish Dark and The Boys.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Monarch

just saying if you said to me two years ago we would see red jack in live action and he would be more terrifying than his comic counterpart and i would have called you a liar :lol:

The Legendary Shark

Great news. I love this show. It fills me with happy.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mardroid on 13 September, 2020, 03:02:39 PM
Hard to answer as everyone's tastes differ, but it is VERY unique among those superhero shows. It goes to an extremely surreal place quite regularly, but can range from dark to very sweet and poignant.

Ironically, although I love the show for its faithfulness to the Morrison/Case run, its treatment of Larry Trainor probably owes the least to the source material but provides some of my favourite moments in S1.

Seriously, it's a great show, although if you're expecting actual superheroics, they're fairly thin on the ground.

judgeurko

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 September, 2020, 11:12:24 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 September, 2020, 11:05:56 AM
wanting it to be just like the Grant Morrison comic.

I thought it was more like the Morrison/Case run that I ever imagined I'd see realised in live action.
This is what surprised me. It kept that tone marvellously.

JayzusB.Christ

Alright, you've twisted my arm. I'll go back to it.  I do remember being impressed by DC producing something so bizarre for TV, but just lost touch with it.

repoman

I've watched two episodes of the first season.  I don't dislike it but I'm struggling to get the point of some of the characters.  Like the blobby film star.  And the split personality girl seems like she has potential to solve any plot drama by Superman-ing her way through anything.

We've not gone back to it but it was just three weeks ago and I've moved house in that time.

judgeurko

Quote from: repoman on 21 September, 2020, 11:42:04 AM
And the split personality girl seems like she has potential to solve any plot drama by Superman-ing her way through anything.
It's not that kind of superhero show