Main Menu

The Leopard from Lime Street - the TV series

Started by sheridan, 25 September, 2020, 07:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

They were still showing that horseshit on Northern Irish tv well into the 1990s, thanks to the vagaries of regional broadcasting and the pre-digital-revolution Sky TV buying up all the US content that wasn't nailed down.  The one about the alien that was just a silver marble which for some reason had to be animated via stop-motion was another highlight.

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 September, 2020, 10:47:01 AMand the Disney Kids style superhero/fantasy shows are just 80s domestic/high school sitcoms with pervable costumes.

/Harold Steptoe voice: You DURRRty old man.
Pervs whacked off to Blossom, Hannah Montanna, and lady Transformers long before Disney started churning out superhero sitcoms, so I don't see the addition of costumes causing much of an uptick in noncery.  A show in this vein would really just be Power Rangers or Masked Rider all over again, and after those shows came out, Western civilisation didn't collapse - okay, it did actually, but those two things are unrelated.  Probably.

Funt Solo

Almost everything anyone mentions (ever) now makes me think of this: Don Cheadle is Captain Planet
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Quote from: Professor Bear on 27 September, 2020, 03:33:00 PM
Pervs whacked off to Blossom, Hannah Montanna, and lady Transformers long before Disney started churning out superhero sitcoms, so I don't see the addition of costumes causing much of an uptick in noncery. 

I defer to your specific expertise.

Wasn't suggesting kids in superhero costumes was actually driving perversion, merely noting that the makers are aware of that segment of the market.

Also, I may be conflating Nick and Disney, I honestly don't know.

Professor Bear

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 September, 2020, 08:14:20 PMI defer to your specific expertise.

It was the phrase "lady Transformers" that gave me away.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"