Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

If I was feeling conspiratorial, I'd suggest that "if anyone is likely to have dirt on Trump, it's Bannon" and say he'd cash it in for a pardon, but let's face it: we know there's no dirt on Trump that will have any effect on the tangerine bastard, and even if there was the Dems wouldn't have the guts to use it.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rately

TordelBack

Not a lifejacket between them either. As a former safety office of a sailing club, this gives me palpatations.

Rately

At this stage, to still be beating the drum for the man, or considering voting for him - you must be an abhorrent, hateful shite.

The man is like Teflon, just keeps going, and i'm starting to fear that he will somehow win another term. God help us all if that comes to pass.

IndigoPrime

538 has more or less the same odds as last time: 30% chance for Trump. The Democrats are making much the same mistakes as last time. Frankly, I'll be amazed if he doesn't win, further radicalising a nation. We're in a similar space in the UK, too. Orwell must be spinning in his grave, what with people now being told by governments to not believe their own eyes and ears.

Rately

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 07 September, 2020, 11:50:17 AM
538 has more or less the same odds as last time: 30% chance for Trump. The Democrats are making much the same mistakes as last time. Frankly, I'll be amazed if he doesn't win, further radicalising a nation. We're in a similar space in the UK, too. Orwell must be spinning in his grave, what with people now being told by governments to not believe their own eyes and ears.

I'm near certain he will find his way back in. The thought of another four years of his shite is enough to make you vomit. Would love to think that at some stage, he will be brought to book for the awful things he has done or condoned, but in all honesty, he will get away with it all.

The world is in an absolutely awful place.

JayzusB.Christ

The encouragement of racial division is appalling, as is the ripping up of the more respectable political traditions (aren't Conservatives supposed to conserve?).  But the huge, overlying question for me would most certainly be:  Do you want to destroy the global environment sooner or later?  Anyone who votes The Clown in doesn't care about imminent global catastrophe or is too deluded to believe it's real; and while the latter is less morally repugnant than the former, it's every bit as dangerous.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IAMTHESYSTEM

Demographics mean white Americans still dominate the USA, so it's not improbable to see the Orange Ogre sitting in the Oval Office for another four years. You wonder if this is the trend for the next ten to thirty years, with Libertarians using fear of immigration and emphasising ethnic divisions to drive an even more gutting free-market agenda. One Labour Party member on the night of the UK's last General election said he didn't see the Labour Party becoming electable for twenty years. It was a pretty bad night for the Labour Party, and so I thought at the time it was just the lamentations of the Corbyn faithful who had lost, but it might be the stark horrible truth instead. We'll have to hope that Americans in November lead the world back to some sort of sanity.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

IndigoPrime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 07 September, 2020, 01:19:47 PMAnyone who votes The Clown in doesn't care about imminent global catastrophe or is too deluded to believe it's real
The problem is the latter. Conservatives have successfully made people not believe evidence by experts. Everything is countered by idiocy on TV or YouTube. The entire US/UK political sphere is wrapped up in short-termism. Orwell must be spinning.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

shaolin_monkey

Funt Solo

My daughter (8) made a comic and I'm proud:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jim_Campbell

Heh. Oddly enough, I had a not dissimilar thought yesterday, shaolin...

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: Funt Solo on 09 September, 2020, 03:56:17 AM
My daughter (8) made a comic and I'm proud:

Wait, does that last panel show him hanging from a lamppost? Ace! That's one tough Academy of Law you're running there!.