Main Menu

Movie Posters thread

Started by Goaty, 27 July, 2013, 07:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MenschMaschine

Oh, didn't know Army of Darkness is a Boris. By the way, the Heavy Metal and Spookies posters were painted by the mighty Richard Corben.

Ghost MacRoth

Just googled to see more of his work, and I believe 'wow' is the only appropriate response.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 28 July, 2013, 12:39:49 PM
Great poster, great film!  Max Schrek was a super creepy fella.  On a side note, Willem Defoe does a very good job of playing Schrek in 'Shadow Of The Vampire', not a great film, but worth it for Defoe.

Yes, agree with you there Ghost........
The original Nosferatu is excellent,  and copies of the film were still widely available after Bram Stokers' widow tried to get all copies destroyed due to them 'using' the 'Dracula' story without permission......
The film company went into 'voluntary' bankruptcy to avoid being sued, but as the Film had already been distributed worldwide not all copies were destroyed........Crazy stuff !!
As for Shadow of The Vampire, I agree Defoe is wonderful in this,  although the film itself is very strange and suggests that Schrek himself, was a vampire in real life !!.....Quite weird but certainly a very 'watchable' movie defined by Defoes' amazing performance....
Cheers...
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Mardroid

I actually liked Shadow of the Vampire a lot. Although it is very strange. (Although that's not an issue for me in this case.)

Then again I've noticed I seem to like films others dislike...

JOE SOAP

This discothèque is mine!

Goaty

Where that came from? And Ooh 1995's Judge Dredd.  :-[

And Judge badges looks better without 'Judge'.

JOE SOAP

MR. ELIMINATOR

Polish movie posters tend to be really cool.

GrinningChimera

I, Cosh

Not sure if this was ever used to advertise the film as there are a couple of slightly different versions of it floating around but they're all smart: Sienkiewicz and Eastwood.

We never really die.

TordelBack

Oh I love that Unforgiven one.  Wouldn't mind that on the wall one bit. 

Dandontdare

That isn't Godzilla it's Godzooky!

Love the Deliverance poster!

Theblazeuk

That Star Wars one at the bottom of page 1 sets a dangerous precedent for a poster - Darth Vader is doing something so cool its absence from the movie would be terribly disappointing. Two lightsabres!

James Stacey

Vallejo is just all kinds of awesome. My Dante commission (as seen in my profile pic) is a classic Vallejo pose pretty much echoing both the Conan and AoD posters. Si Fraser doing Vallejo. Whats not to like.

Keef Monkey

This is the latest thing we need to try and find a frame for! I'm not sure how most regard the film but I watched it a lot as a kid so when I saw these prints on sale I decided it would look nice on the wall. Got it from Frightfest Originals, not keen on all their stuff but they did a good job on this one.

(I didn't buy that Wonder Woman handbag in the end)