Main Menu

Thanks PVS!!!

Started by Cthulouis, 02 April, 2008, 12:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthulouis

Yesterday, I returned to York from the distant lands of Cornwall to find a big brown package laid out on my desk (Hmm, upon re reading that, I wonder if I shouldn't be sending this to input to get the poo points).

It turned out to be a copy of Charley's War book one, which I had won in a competition over on PVS's Charley's War website.

Not only that, but he also sent me Omnivistascope 3, complete with the Hawk The Slayer interview!

So here is a great call of thanks to PVS. I still have a few days off work, so will be setting time aside to enjoy this all in one go.

Thank you!!!!

paulvonscott

You're welcome!

Apologies to those who didn't win, but it was a 6 horse race, so it was almost the roll of a die that decided.  In the end I drew a random name from the Gingerbread Colditz Officer's hat.

If I have any more competitions I'll let everyone know.

W. R. Logan

>Apologies to those who didn't win, but it was a 6 horse race, so it was almost the roll of a die that decided. In the end I drew a random name from the Gingerbread Colditz Officer's hat.

fix, my cadets will hunt you down! Those brave Tommy Cadets deprived of the joy of Charley's War by the Sinister Baron Von Scott.

Actually I'd forgot I entered and recently bought Charley's War I & II for the small library Ive set up for them.

Noisybast

I wasn't aware PVS had a Charley's War website.
Tell me more - can we have a link, please?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

paulvonscott

Sorry, Logan couldn't bring myself to fix it even if they were orphan war cadets and they had just lost out on a trip to Disneyland.  Thanks for entering though.  It really was random.

NoisyB, it was just a competition I decided to run on my blog/website for my comics and games, it's not a Charley's War site.  I was just bigging it up.

p.s. yes, I am sinister.

Link: http://www.omnivistascope.com/" target="_blank">Comics, Games, Ramblings

Floyd-the-k

How does one subscribe to this Omnivistascope of which you speak?

paulvonscott

Heh, just to make things clear, Omnivistascope is the name of my Science Fiction comic, but it's also now the name of the website that covers my othercomics, games and projects.

You can read ther blog by visiting the website, it's on the first page.  I think you may be able to RSS feed it, but don't really understand these things.

To buy the comics, they are £3 plus post, I'm supposed to be working on issue 4, er, now!

Noisybast

Ah, the OVS site. Gotcha.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Ignatzmonster

Since we're thanking PVS. Thanks for putting up that Ace Trucking/Stone Island poll. I suspect that might have gotten us Bellardinelli fans the upcoming Ace Trucking collection.

paulvonscott

I take no credit or blame for anything!

I put the poll up only because someone else said that they wanted to do it, but didn't know how.  So thank them, whoever they were.  And of course, Jon, who puts the books together!

I have no wish to influence 2000AD in any way.  It is neither my problem, nor my responsibility :)

What I will say is that I will be buying the first volume of Ace Trucking and that I have no issues with Stone Island!  And if I really had any influence (which I don't want, or have), then there would be a Harry Twenty on the High Rock hardback book! I did do a poll for that off my own bat and a book is yet to arrive :)

Proudhuff

PVS, you haven't had a ship impounded abroad have you?
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

And thanks from me for the 'four feet from a Rat' comic, courtesy of the OVS blog.

Bolt-01