Main Menu

John Wagner talks about the IDW Carlos Ezquerra collection.

Started by Steve Green, 22 April, 2013, 05:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dredd Head

Frank

Quote from: Steve Green on 22 April, 2013, 05:41:52 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62067

"I'm very fond of a lot of the short Dredd stories, one-offs and two-parters and I hope to present my favorites in a forthcoming IDW collection"

Interesting; I wonder what they'll be?

Wagner mentions the Buggo episode from The Judge Child as one he was especially proud of in Logan's Class of '79 interview, alongside "America, It Pays to be Mental, A Death in the Family, Letter from a Democrat, Phantom of the Shoppera, Bury My Knee at Wounded Heart, and The Midnight Surfer"; so I suppose the shorter ones there will be good for a punt. He's also spoken of marveling at the artistry of Mick McMahon's Umpty Candy, and there's got to be something by Carlos Ezquerra and In The Bath in there too.

Dandontdare

So, is anyone gonna get the red-label ($125) or blue-label ($495) editions?

COMMANDO FORCES

Frank

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 April, 2013, 08:46:28 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 April, 2013, 08:53:54 PM

Think I'll give them a miss!

Isn't Burdis passing up the opportunity to buy Dredd merchandise one of the signs prefiguring the apocalypse?

Spikes

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 April, 2013, 08:46:28 PM

Think someone on here has pre-ordered the red-label?

But they are incredible looking, arent they - the more i see them, the more i would like a copy. Is it 25 copies worldwide for the blue, and 125 for the red?
And if those prices arent enough, youve got to factor in postage, and then custom charges (if ordering from overseas).
Very expensive all told. Wonder how many copies will pop up over here, for sale?

Pete Wells

Ohhhhh, that blue 'un looks lovely. I might sell a kidney...

Tombo

Spikes

And reading Sauchies post, about a forthcoming John Wagner collection, it makes me wonder how many of these we'll see? Not that im complaining, like.

A McMahon collection has to happen, hasnt it?

Tombo

Sorry Pete, I traded mine for tickets to see Alice Cooper in concert a few years ago.

moly

If I was loaded would love one, as I'm skint have to give it a miss :(

gronk guy

Bought the red and Blue Carlos books and the red Bolland one.
$90 postage and then any tax hit when they get here.

They are $60 postage if bought individually.

On the plus side i got the red label Carlos number one and blue label number 2.

Rio De Fideldo

Slightly confused cos the complete Carlos collections looks like its missing the Apocalypse War surely Carlos' finest hour.