Main Menu

GREETINGS

Started by Snuffers, 22 April, 2013, 05:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snuffers

Hello.
It has come to this.
Lying dorment inside my head was something I loved yet didn't quite know.
Justice.
First made noticeable with the fantastic cartoon of The Tick. I realised the simplicity of it all right there! The sweet deliciousness of it all!
Then there was Dredd.
I had heard much of this man but why I had never turned my interest down here sooner, I do not know.
I just couldn't get enough. Case file after case file every pay day. Catching up on everything I have missed. Then it grew!
Rogue Trooper, Zombo, ABC, Nemesis and others I have copies of yet need to get reading before spending my wages on another Dredd.
It was after going to a talk with John Wagner at the GFF whilst wearing a Dredd belt that I thought I ought'a join here. To join the people who relish in stories of imagination and are not scared where they lead.
This IS IT!

OK, I'm going to try not talk/write/type like that again. But yes. That's how I've gotten into this wonderful universe of yours. Going to that talk with Wagner and talking to the folks in the queue I found that these are people I want to know. Brothers in JUSTICE.

I do get a bit carried away sometimes.

Anyhow, the last forum I frequented was about 5 years ago and the site ended up collapsing thanks to an abusive admin change resulting in a rebel site. It was all quite dramatic but quite rubbish as the mods of the rebel site should not have been mods. Here seems much nicer than those times. With such a stable fanbase I don't have to bother with that faff again! or will I?
It's good to be here at last and I hope we all have MARVELOUS adventures together and that I don't write this RIDICULOUS again.
@NigelSnufkin

Dredd Head

Welcome Snuffers, I'm also catching up on the case files, Just finished 03 and loving it. Still kinda new though

Snuffers

I'm about to start 10. I'm kind of scared of when I get to 11 though as it's in FULL SPANKING COLOUR.
Right now I'm about halfway through the first book of Nemesis. How strange yet wonderful! I'd recommend either Rogue Trooper or the A.B.C. Warriors if you're looking to branch out.
I still have Strontium Dog and Robo-Hunter to read amongst who knows what else!
@NigelSnufkin

Dredd Head

:lol: I have a list as long as my arm of story's i need to catch up on, Will definately be branching out soon though

Snuffers

It's huge enough just with Dredd!
I felt so excited when discovering how much there is here.
@NigelSnufkin

Dredd Head

Yea i think theirs 19 case files for dredd which is huge, their more like tomes than books  :lol:

Frank

Quote from: Snuffers on 22 April, 2013, 05:55:33 PM
It was after going to a talk with John Wagner at the GFF whilst wearing a Dredd belt that I thought I ought'a join here.

Hiya, snuffers. I hope that belt was legit merchandise - knock-offs or stuff he doesn't see any royalties from make Wagner start growling and smashing things up Hulk-style.

Snuffers

ZOIKS.
Didn't even think about that. It's the Termight Replicas one.
@NigelSnufkin

COMMANDO FORCES

Welcome aboard Snuffers :wave:

We are all addicts here, so don't be ashamed, just let it into your skin and enjoy the feeling!

Snuffers

Cheers, Burdis. Whilst looking around for replicas I've happened to bump into your reviews plus your blog and hearing the forum shenanigans about that fan painting bought and sent to you made me want to sign up here. Not for cheap rubbish fan art but because of the damn fine banter!
@NigelSnufkin

COMMANDO FORCES

You will have fun here guaranteed and if you every pop along to a convention, you'll find some of the forum at the FutureQuake/Zarjaz table. There are also gatherings all over the country, for drink and chats. The Scottish Contingent had one the other week and the Southern Contingent are meeting up on Free Comic Book Day at Forbidden Planet.

Snuffers

Scottish Contingent? I'M THERE.
Need to save me a coupl'a bucks to get my uniform though.
@NigelSnufkin

Spikes

Hello, Snuffers, and indeed - welcome!

Link Prime

Welcome to the forum Snuffers!

So what was this previous forum all about eh?

Snuffers

Thank you, Judge Jack. Who knew there were such a thing as nice people on a forum?! You are all good folks it seems.

Link Prime! The forum was Brickfilms.com which I frequented when I wanted to make stop motion animation from my outgrown Lego collection. Brickfilms is a goner but the Lego isn't huahahahaha. It was very odd on there and I often got frustrated with the power system on there. The 'respected' members could make a very nice looking animation yet their films had no depth! The most beautiful looking animated garbage from the powerful ones. Meanwhile, there were few who could make stuff that had both depth and good production values. Though I remember a French dude who made a series of low frame rated shorts. Seeing his shorts I not only could understand what was going on despite not knowing French but also enjoyed them which shows the true redeeming factor of a film! Visual storytelling and compelling! He did not get much support though and after the silly admin and moderator drama it was high time I left.
Geez. Got me on a rabble there.
I think some of my experience there is what has brought me to 2000AD. 2000AD is full of rich stories. Stories with DEPTH!
@NigelSnufkin