Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomlord66

Quote from: Doomlord66 on 25 July, 2023, 12:41:34 AMAnyone know where I can get a copy of 144? Hatchet doesn't have one nor is there one on ebay.
It's no longer even listed on their website anymore :-(

IndigoPrime

Ha. Apparently my info was almost entirely inaccurate. Bloody website.

Tomontherun94

Yeah a few of the more recent Dredd trades on the shop only list the title story

castle4

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 August, 2023, 08:49:33 AMHa. Apparently my info was almost entirely inaccurate. Bloody website.

I'd say you were bang-on for 5 out of 6, and can't explain why Hatchette chose to run the stories out of prog sequence.

levers

Oh well, that's a second Dredd volume in a row to skip. Hoping we'll get some more first time Dredd reprints before the collection finishes.

The Monarch

May i continue to say how lucky we are to have matt smith? we almost ended up with the four dark judges teaming up with dredd to fight the four horsemen

levers

Quote from: levers on 04 August, 2023, 01:02:34 AMOh well, that's a second Dredd volume in a row to skip. Hoping we'll get some more first time Dredd reprints before the collection finishes.
Not that I don't doubt the quality of Rob Williams writing, I just don't want to double dip when I bought the Rebellion GN a year ago and have all the back up strips across other Rebellion GNs.

don wiskerando

Quote from: castle4 on 02 August, 2023, 12:08:03 PMHello, longtime lurker, first time poster. I was wondering if anyone else has received issue 154/ vol 145 yet? I got mine on 22nd July along with the Slaine issue and 154 has a very noticeable spine art misalignment (printed too far to the right so spine image has a black vertical bar on the left). I mentioned this to Hatchette via FB messenger along with a photo and they sent me a replacement, which is no better. Posted this on a couple of FB groups but nobody else has received their copy yet so don't know if it's widespread or just a small batch.
My copy is the same. It's only a couple of mm but is still very noticeable.

OrnateColt

Quote from: don wiskerando on 07 August, 2023, 08:12:37 AM
Quote from: castle4 on 02 August, 2023, 12:08:03 PMHello, longtime lurker, first time poster. I was wondering if anyone else has received issue 154/ vol 145 yet? I got mine on 22nd July along with the Slaine issue and 154 has a very noticeable spine art misalignment (printed too far to the right so spine image has a black vertical bar on the left). I mentioned this to Hatchette via FB messenger along with a photo and they sent me a replacement, which is no better. Posted this on a couple of FB groups but nobody else has received their copy yet so don't know if it's widespread or just a small batch.
My copy is the same. It's only a couple of mm but is still very noticeable.

Agh same, can't unsee it now

IndigoPrime

Good grief. I find it astonishing that when a company puts so much emphasis on one aspect of its collection – and to the severe detriment of basic usability – it still can't get it right.

I love these volumes, in giving us hardback collections of series that would otherwise never have seen that format (and in books thin enough that they won't suffer page sag). Would it have killed them to get a designer in that could have at least put titles on the spines? Eaglemoss managed that and still had spine art for its collections. Bah.

(I still keep wondering if there's any way of doing this myself, but I cannot think of anything that won't look a bit shit. Any kind of sticker – even if perfectly trimmed to the spine – is going to look off. I detest dust jackets and so don't want to make those or sleeves. Ah well.)

castle4

I'm on holiday at the moment, but my son has opened a recent package and I've had 155 and 156 delivered. I'll confirm contents tomorrow when I get back home.

castle4

castle4

castle4

The Monarch

ohh they are including the fake interview thats everything zenith wise apart from the text story