Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

My hope is that Matt prioritises finishing off as many series as possible to reasonable end points. Or, to put it another way, I hope we get that second book of The Order.

The Monarch

i am starting to think we'll get the order paired with maybe the first and second series of armoured gideon at this point

castle4

I was hoping you'd chime in Sintec!

Agree with your wishlist, hope the final PJ Maybe run will be collected in the Dredd volume.

Thinking about it, if DD is coming, does that make MACH1 the only story not collected from the first Progs?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: The Monarch on 18 October, 2023, 07:29:12 PMi am starting to think we'll get the order paired with maybe the first and second series of armoured gideon at this point
How many pages of The Order are left to reprint? If Armoured Gideon is reprinted in full, it would take an entire volume (albeit a thinnish one, in the low 200s).

sintec

Quote from: castle4 on 19 October, 2023, 09:35:00 AMThinking about it, if DD is coming, does that make MACH1 the only story not collected from the first Progs?

Yeah we'd have everything from Prog 1 except MACH1 if we get Dan Dare. We're missing a few of the Dredd's from this era so it varies between 60-80% of progs 2-23 depending on whether the Dredd story made it into either the UC or the MC. Numbers drop off a bit after that as Future Shocks and other one offs start to be a more regular occurrence.

I believe our first complete prog is 86.

sintec

Quote from: Le Fink on 18 October, 2023, 01:18:41 PMI'd like to see the final Defoe in that Mills book (in preference to Tin Man if it comes to it)

Good shout - I'd also prefer the final Defoe tbh. Tin Man was a bit meh even if the art was great.

I also grabbed the paperback of SSR so wouldn't be disappointed if that doesn't get included but it does feel like an obvious choice.

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 September, 2023, 12:27:05 PM
QuoteCounterfeit Girl! Shadows, Bix Barton and Tribal Memories.
WUT? That's the hallowed 'rest of Milligan' book I was hoping for, bar (alas) Freaks. I had no idea this was coming. Here's hoping FPI has a copy...

Actually really disappointed by that - was hoping for a pure Bix edition.
Worth it for the Jim McCarthy factor alone.

Darnation.

Marbles

One day (when I retire) I'm going to teach myself how to design and print my own dust jackets. On that glorious day I will hoover up a large number of these collections. But until then my OCD will not allow the random spines on my bookshelf  :(

Actually I bet Rebellion could make a small fortune selling the dust jackets separately  :lol:
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Le Fink

Quote from: sintec on 18 October, 2023, 12:38:52 PMMy guesses/wish list for the other 6:

Brink - I think the last series was long enough to fill a volume on it's own but might be mistaken

It was a lot of episodes but possibly not enough - 26 maybe?
As much as I hugely enjoyed the first four books, I found this one a bit tedious. Too many talking heads going over the same stuff! No Bridget!

sintec

Quote from: Le Fink on 19 October, 2023, 11:44:50 AMIt was a lot of episodes but possibly not enough - 26 maybe?
As much as I hugely enjoyed the first four books, I found this one a bit tedious. Too many talking heads going over the same stuff! No Bridget!

Assuming 6 pages an episode that'd be 156 pages of strip. We've had a handful of books around that length (or shorter) in the UC so not out of the question. Shortest was Slaine - Book Of Scars which was ~110, the Brutania Chronicles books and the 3rd Red Seas volumes were also all less than 160.

Le Fink

Quote from: Marbles on 19 October, 2023, 11:06:12 AMOne day (when I retire) I'm going to teach myself how to design and print my own dust jackets. On that glorious day I will hoover up a large number of these collections. But until then my OCD will not allow the random spines on my bookshelf  :(

Actually I bet Rebellion could make a small fortune selling the dust jackets separately  :lol:
I would like to take the extension volumes that have continued a run in the original collection and move them to be next to the earlier volumes. Even worse for the OCD! And as has been mentioned it would be very handy if each book had a label on the spine. Having all that and keeping Boo's spine artwork (I.e. on the jackets) would not be easy though.

Le Fink

Quote from: sintec on 18 October, 2023, 12:38:52 PMThink these all either appear on the spine or have been confirmed at some stage.

• Lawless * 2

Sorry, another question. Lawless * 2? How many series have we had? The first 3 were in the JD collection - are we expecting those to be reprinted?

sintec

Quote from: Le Fink on 19 October, 2023, 01:01:10 PMSorry, another question. Lawless * 2? How many series have we had? The first 3 were in the JD collection - are we expecting those to be reprinted?

I'm hoping they don't reprint the UC ones but nothing has been confirmed. With info sourced from Funt Solo's excellent website there have been 6 series since the 3 collected in the UC. And it looks like they'd split fairly nicely into 2 books of just over 200 strip pages each.

Book 1 (well 2 really given the UC volume)
  • Long-Range War - 54
  • Breaking Badrock -59
  • Ashes to Ashes - 100

Book 2
  • Boom Town - 100
  • Badrock Melody - 20
  • Ballots Over Badrock - 100

IndigoPrime

Unless the remit has changed, there should be no overlap between the the JDMC and the UC. (I recall one strip was repeated, but in error.)

leethomson

I don't see how including Lawless works, unless they package it with a reprint of the Mega Collection volume. Nice reward for subscribers who've been with it this long.