Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Hope not; those were not 2000AD at its best.

The Monarch

okay so maybe canon fodder now? maybe? possibly? probably not but i can dream

Barrington Boots

I love Night Zero & Beyond Zero but I'm sure there's stuff more deserving to get in that those. There's been a few weird choices though.
I suspect we'll see some more recent thrills in there.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

2000BC

I remember enjoying the first two Zero stories when they were in the prog.  Kev Hopgood's black and white art was a good fit.

Shakira? Shakara!

Any idea how much of Proteus Vex will be in the UC volume? I have the very thin trade which collects the first 2 arcs. Hachette website says 200 pages, so presumably this could be all (to date) 4 story arcs?

broodblik

Each arc is about 60 pages, so I cannot see that all 4 will be included maybe only 3
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Vex is an odd one. I'd love that series in HC, but I'm not keen on splitting it in the UC. (Same with Lawless, which I started buying in trade format.)

O Lucky Stevie!

Mike Carroll has mentioned on Facebook that Book V is the final series. So given the new end date of 2025 Tharg might be able to squeeze the entirety of Proteus Vex into the UC.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

IndigoPrime

Huh. I'm surprised it's wrapping up so quickly. It felt very long-running saga to me. A pity in some ways, although I'm also not against finite strips rather than ones that just stop for years and years.

castle4

Dan Dare vol 1 is the next volume after Survival Geeks, and will be paired with it for subscribers. Bit of a shock as I'd assumed it was going to form part of the 181-200 range.

Swerty

castle4

Quote from: Swerty on 18 December, 2023, 11:56:37 AMWhere did you see that

I logged in my Hatchette account and it was listed as my next scheduled delivery.

Jade Falcon

I read Scarlet Traces, an interesting book.  Some of the artwork had a Ministry of Space aesthetic about I felt.  Never read it before, indeed, I hadn't heard of it before, but looking forward to book 2.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Le Fink

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 December, 2023, 09:38:11 AMHuh. I'm surprised it's wrapping up so quickly. It felt very long-running saga to me. A pity in some ways, although I'm also not against finite strips rather than ones that just stop for years and years.
I found it more interesting when it was Vex investigating a conspiracy rather than the more recent turn to epic war shenanigans. Still one of the standout newer thrills for me, good space opera, freaky alien stuff (Tiny men in heads! Strange worm beasts with doll faces! Gigantic rock people!), I'd have thought it had more legs. I'd like it to continue.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 19 December, 2023, 12:44:30 AMI read Scarlet Traces, an interesting book.
What series are included? Is it War of the Worlds first?