Main Menu

Rogue Trooper News…!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 29 January, 2024, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nxylas

Quote from: judgeurko on 28 February, 2024, 07:01:38 PMDredd didn't have Danny Boyle.
It was made by his production company, DNA Films.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Richard

QuoteIt was made by his production company, DNA Films.
This comment prompted me to look up DNA Films on Companies House, and I found that the director of DNA Films, Andrew MacDonald, founded a new company called 28 Years Later Ltd only last month. Since DNA Films also made 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later, this is a good sign.

rogue69

GordonR

Quote from: nxylas on 28 February, 2024, 10:50:28 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on 28 February, 2024, 07:01:38 PMDredd didn't have Danny Boyle.

Danny Boyle has directed several films produced by DNA Films, but has no formal connection with the company.

I've seen him comment on this frequent misconception that he's one of the owners.

judgeurko

Quote from: nxylas on 28 February, 2024, 10:50:28 PM
Not something the general public would be aware of. Nor does it mean he had any noteworthy involvement in.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: rogue69 on 29 February, 2024, 09:21:27 AM28 years Later was confirmed in January
 https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/28-years-later-lands-home-sony-1235804926/

I vaguely remember someone saying that film, whose name escapes me, about a Mad-Max-style dystopian Scotland walled off from the rest of the UK was supposed to be a sequel to 28 Weeks Later, but maybe that was just fan-fuelled speculation. There were no zombies in it, anyway.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Mad MacMax - The Rude Worrier.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 29 February, 2024, 06:28:36 PMI vaguely remember someone saying that film, whose name escapes me, about a Mad-Max-style dystopian Scotland walled off from the rest of the UK was supposed to be a sequel to 28 Weeks Later, but maybe that was just fan-fuelled speculation. There were no zombies in it, anyway.

Sounds like Neil Marshall's Doomsday... I haven't seen it, but I also haven't met anyone who says it's any good. These two things may not be unrelated.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 February, 2024, 08:02:38 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 29 February, 2024, 06:28:36 PMI vaguely remember someone saying that film, whose name escapes me, about a Mad-Max-style dystopian Scotland walled off from the rest of the UK was supposed to be a sequel to 28 Weeks Later, but maybe that was just fan-fuelled speculation. There were no zombies in it, anyway.

Sounds like Neil Marshall's Doomsday... I haven't seen it, but I also haven't met anyone who says it's any good. These two things may not be unrelated.

Must be. I thought it was OK, though hardly unmissable.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 February, 2024, 07:45:50 PMMad MacMax - The Rude Worrier.

Ha! I have to admit I first read that as Mad Max McMad, thanks to Blackadder.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Which is better, heh. Perhaps the only possible improvement would be the addition of the prefix 'Wee.'

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Barrington Boots

I really like Doomsday. It's objectively crap, but its very enthusiastic. It's got Mad Max, zombies and knights on horseback all in the same film and plays it totally straight.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Hawkmumbler

Oh aye Doomsday goes hard. It plays out like a zero budget genre project in the vein of Michael J Murphy and gives it a cash injection without skimping on the absurdity.
It is, as previously stated, pap but the sort of big budget genre pomposity that we sadly just don't see major studious taking a risk on anymore.

judgeurko

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 February, 2024, 08:02:38 PM

It was a decent mash up of Escape From New York & Mad MAx.

Dash Decent

Just don't put the squeeze on him.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.