Main Menu

prodigal son

Started by Proteus4, 19 September, 2013, 09:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proteus4

Hello,

I've been lurking for many a moon and have finally felt the need to jump in and say hi.  So i had to register and that meant i had to pick a cool name.  I tried my best.  10p-mix to anyone who gets it (without using google!).

I used to read the prog and have kept all my old ones - i was one of those anal wee kids who cried if it got a crinkle in the corner so they're in damn good nick.  I bought my first prog around episode 7 of Oz and was totally hooked.

I stopped reading after the 'summer offensive' (it still makes me angry) and then stopped buying around 1024.  Everything seemed to have lost it's 2000ad-ness.

In April my wife gave birth to our first child (Lily) and for some reason while i was off on paternity i started buying progs on ebay.  It was quite random (although no denying the Dredd movie did a lot to get me intrigued again - i saw it on the first showing on the day it opened in the cinema and was delighted with it - who wasn't?)  I have had some withering looks from the wife each time more progs arrived in the post but i now have a great collection of all progs from 1500 to present (wanted to start with 'origins').  Alas, the 'joys' of new parenthood means very little time for reading them but im getting there... slowly.

Looking forward to arguing with you all very soon.

peace
Dave.

ps - its good to be back!
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Proteus4

oh one more thing...

how do i get an avatar? i cant find where to edit my profile.  Im probably bein stoopid

Cheers
Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Colin YNWA

Had to look it up so won't say. Funnily enough just finished a re-read of Origins tonight. Still a great if flawed read.

Anyway nice to have you back on board.

Have fun.

Oh and someone will be along soon to sort out the account thing... RICHMOND... RICHMOND...

Richmond Clements

You get to have an avatar when you've posted a few times and proven you're not mental and/or a robot troll.
But as I'm here at the moment...

Proteus4

Actually, maybe the problem with 2000ad at the minute (I've been reading that thread) is that there aren't enough stories about robot trolls.

arf arf

Dave

oh - and i see i now have a profile button thing at the top of my page - thanks richmond.  You're a star.

I feel very welcome already.

Fungus

Welcome, and that...

That should really be progigal son - what a missed chance !-)

Proteus4

COMMANDO FORCES

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Proteus4 on 19 September, 2013, 09:13:01 PM
So i had to register and that meant i had to pick a cool name.  I tried my best.  10p-mix to anyone who gets it (without using google!).

Fantastic Voyage?

Hello, by the way!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Prodigal

From one Prodigal to another-welcome fella.

Bat King

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 September, 2013, 09:23:30 PM
You get to have an avatar when you've posted a few times and proven you're not mental and/or a robot troll.

You sure about that being a rule type thing Richmond...?
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

TordelBack

Quote from: Bat King on 20 September, 2013, 08:36:29 AM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 19 September, 2013, 09:23:30 PM

You sure about that being a rule type thing Richmond...?

Aye, pretty sure it's mentals all the way down.

And welcome Proteus4, just keep your demon seed out of my women!

Proteus4

Well done Tordel, 10p-mix is on it's way

Cheers to everyone.
Dave

Proteus4

plus, and especially for Commando Forces...

Hello to all you Drokkers out there!