Main Menu

Lame Claims to Fame

Started by Bagley, 02 April, 2015, 05:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Plumrose

Kids, don't ever phone a national radio station if you've had a sleep-deprived two weeks. Oh sure, you might win some crappy X-FILES video or a trip to Hollywood but, FUCK ME. The enmity you'll receive for being the least fun contestant EVER (TWICE!) will haunt you for the rest of your days.

My advice? Steal Martin Freeman's record collection, instead.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Proteus4

I lived in London for a year back in 96 and had really expected to bump into celebs all the time in the city centre.  Closest I got? A drunk Wayne Sleep smiled at me in a deserted street.

Met Mark knopfler in Dublin and in my silly (drunk) excitement I both hugged and kissed him.

Had a pint with Donal Lunny.

The Culloden is a swanky hotel just outside belfast and my whole family went there for a meal for my mums birthday about 10 years ago. The whole of Travis were staying there that night after their belfast gig and I got asked where the toilets were by the bass player.

And I had a wee beside someone called Dan Donovan, who I think was a Christian Rock singer.

My brothers best mate in school ended up being the sound engineer on a Corrs album. Poor guy.

Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Banners

Quote from: Eric Plumrose

His brother Tim would surely have a better collection.

The Legendary Shark

I once had a drawing of a futuristic traffic jam shown on Rainbow and won a badge, which is where it all started to go wrong, really.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Skullmo

I sat opposite David Mitchell's Dad's neighbour at dinner last week.

I once did Annette Crosbie's tax accounts.

My friend went to school with Dizzee Rascal, for a year until he got expelled.

I once went on a date with someone who claimed to be Michael Caroll's niece.

It's a joke. I was joking.

Tiplodocus

I play football with a lad who is mates with Gerard Butler. He still keeps in contact with him via text (just 3 months later).

I was in the pub on Friday with a bloke who is good friends with Kevin Bridges.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

I used to see Gerard Kelly in the local chippy every panto season but not since he died.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Satanist on 30 June, 2015, 01:14:06 PM
I used to see Gerard Kelly in the local chippy every panto season but not since he died.
Arf!

Paul Young from off of fishing show Hooked on Scotland used to be a frequent sighting in the Philadelphia chippy on Great Western Road. No doubt telling his wife that he'd just stopped off and asked the boy to batter them up for him and only paid for the chips.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on 07 April, 2015, 04:21:05 PM
One of my housemates sold 90s indie chancers Dodgy some weed, circa 1996/7.
All about the weed those lads.

They played the Students Union in Freshers Week one year and the mangy looking singer spent a good bit of time trying to chat up my (frankly, very attractive) hippychick flatmate while his mate tried to tap me and her boyfriend up for some dope. Pair of tossers.

The same girl provided an even lamer claim to fame when we had to endure Ed Byrne mooching around the house after her for a bit. At that point, he was just the Student Union social convenor or something. Although he did get his big tv break on Blind Date around that time.
We never really die.

Proudhuff

I'm in a shot of the crowd on the inside LP sleeve of the Rezillos live LP, my brother is name check on their original album.

Paul Weller said 'ear a lot about you' when I met him the once.
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Skullmo on 30 June, 2015, 12:12:09 PM

which one - Dredd writer and all-round nice chap or lottery winner and uber-chav?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 June, 2015, 03:18:40 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 30 June, 2015, 12:12:09 PM
which one - Dredd writer and all-round nice chap or lottery winner and uber-chav?
I always thought they were the same guy.
We never really die.

M.I.K.

I once had my dole money stopped by Alan Grant's cousin.

The Legendary Shark

The "Dale Winton Underhang" - that was my idea, that was.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Banners on 30 June, 2015, 09:30:22 AM
Quote from: Eric Plumrose

His brother Tim would surely have a better collection.

Canters didn't have a radio show at the time.

That's my shield, by the way. In GLADIATOR. Perfect in rehearsal, raised late in the final* film.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.