Main Menu

Arthur Ranson

Started by bartosznowicki, 20 June, 2015, 10:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartosznowicki

Do you have any questions to Arthur Ranson? Post them here...
We'll use some of them for our interview with the artist!

www.judgementincardiff.info

Zenith 666

Yes tell him to pick up his pencil I want a book 5 of button-man please.

PlanetReplicas

A big fan of Arthur Ranson so I'd love to know what the processes involved in creating a page are ? how long a typical page takes, and if he's ever been tempted to change his style to make it faster/ easier to produce (it must be time consuming to shade etc ?)

www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

SuperSurfer

I heard a rumour about inking in Photoshop with a mouse. Was someone winding me up?

james newell

What is his process for his new strip on his website.

Prodigal2

Why does Maze World send me into a strange trance when I stare at the mazes too long?

Dominic O'Rourke

I queued for ages for an autograph from Mr Ranson - more really to ask a question about the mazes in Mazeworld - some project or other I was working on in Uni - expecting him to have laboured long over the development of each maze - maybe it was the end of the day, but I was disappointed to hear that he used a reference book and didn't slave over creating each and every one!

Do you know how disappointed I was? I turned down an Anderson sketch for just an autograph on the cover.
Member No. 10

dweezil2

I'm a big fan of Arthur's work in Look-In, so I'd ask him what his favourite strip to draw in the magazine was and why?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Proteus4

His favourite Anderson page? Or one he is most proud of?

Does he prefer comics in b&w or colour?

Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

bartosznowicki

Thanks guys! Keep them coming ;)

Geoff

Which of the artists who have done Anderson after him does he most like? And before him I suppose..

Zenith 666

Now that he's retired does he read anything in the comic medium,does he miss the pressure of deadlines and has he seen the gorgeous shamballa edition of the mega collection and also can you tell Arthur thank you for blowing my tiny mind with his incredible work and that he is much missed.

bartosznowicki

Awesome, thank you guys!

I'm now collecting the questions. We shouldn't wait too long for the interview, I will post it here as soon as it is online.

For now, you can always go and read other weekly interviews on www.judgementincardiff.info ;)

And follow us on facebook :) https://www.facebook.com/judgementincardiff?ref=bookmarks

WhizzBang

One last question - hope I am not too late. What does he think of Bolland's Andersen and did Bolland's work influence him at all?

bartosznowicki

Quote from: Geoff on 25 June, 2015, 12:55:33 AM
Which of the artists who have done Anderson after him does he most like? And before him I suppose..

It was a little to late, sorry.