Main Menu

Thrill Mail Images

Started by James Stacey, 24 October, 2012, 11:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

(I'm sure there is a thread this probably belongs upon already but with the lack of working search ...)

Well done to all concerned with the Thrill mail, its good to see a dose of thrill power related news landing regularly in my mailbox. Can whoever is doing it please resize the images properly. Email clients are fickle beasts at best and dont render images the wrong size as well as a browser. This weeks Zaucer of Zilk cover is 912px × 1,418px for an image displayed at, what ? around 180px by 250 ? It's also 1.7mb big. Thats a lot of bandwith to give up if the mail goes out to lots of people. Correctly sized it would be about 30k and look better. (the 2000ad cover is a similar size at 1,018px × 1,325px but at least is only 1/2 a meg big, Rogue Trooper Tales of Nu Earth is an exciting 2,204px × 3,059px)

Yes I know, sorry. It really is a great thing but with less than a minutes extra work per mail it could be so much better and less of a bandwith hog. I'll shut up now.

Molch-R

That shouldn't be the case and I'm not sure why it's doing that - all the images were set to the correct size... hmmmm

James Stacey

To be clear, they are all displaying the right size

just aren't. Although the screenshot softens it a bit you can see the jagged lines around the text where the mail package fails to render it nicely

Molch-R

Yes, but I meant that when we insert them into the template we adjust the res and size ourselves. No idea why it's deciding to merely squash the full-size image!

James Stacey

I shall leave it in your capable hands then  :) (although I do now have a nice high res Zaucer of Zilk wallpaper on my pc)

Spikes

Mines fine, but it went straight to my junk box this week. Owt different about this one?

Banners

You may want to correct "lastest" news too.

The Enigmatic Dr X

What must I do to receive this missive?
Lock up your spoons!

pauljholden

I realise this may be a minority vote: but the super hi res I,ages LOOK amazing on my ipad (retina res)

So I'm all for them.

(Though, again it was in my spam folder...)