Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

I've been rereading elements of the collection.  Just finished the Savage books and I noticed it mentioned there were some Europe set stories.  If we are getting an extension I would like to see them.  Perhaps they are not looked on as fondly, but still..

Howard Quartz really is an utter git in this one as well.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

athorist

At the time I hadn't read Invasion or any other Savage, but I remember liking it after I got used to the setting. Sadly it's only two stories, only a bit over 100 pages (21 parts but some of them were longer than 5 pages, might have even been one or two that were 10 pages) so it's unlikely to get collected, and adding the last Slaine story would be a bit of a tonal shift.

I don't know if there's any ABC Warriors left, but that might make sense
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Hackenbush

Is there more Defoe it could be paired with?
I really enjoyed Savage. It would be great to have a nearly complete Pat Mills set in HC

sintec

One more Defoe, The Divisor with Stewart Kenneth Moore

Tomontherun94

I've said waaaay back in this thread probably the best option would be pairing the last 2 Savage stories with Disaster 1990. Mostly forgotten and not written by Mills but features Bill Savage and would bring the page count to around 200.

sintec

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 10 November, 2022, 10:12:24 AM
I've said waaaay back in this thread probably the best option would be pairing the last 2 Savage stories with Disaster 1990. Mostly forgotten and not written by Mills but features Bill Savage and would bring the page count to around 200.

Yeah that'd make sense. Would be nice to get those last 2 Savage stories.

Quote from: athorist on 10 November, 2022, 01:18:32 AM
I don't know if there's any ABC Warriors left, but that might make sense

Just odd one offs from annuals and the likes I think. Don't think it'd be enough to fill another book.

Dark Jimbo

Uncollected Mills -

x2 one-off episodes of ABC Warriors/Ro-Busters
x1 book of Defoe
x2 books of Savage
x1 book of Slaine

Annoyingly, not enough to easily fill any book.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomontherun94

Think there's some Flesh by Mills still uncollected, not sure whether that would have to be it's own book or could be paired up with other material though.

sintec

yeah pretty sure there's enough Mills Flesh to do a 2nd volume:

Midnight Cowboys (63)
Badlanders (78)
Gorehead (62)

203 pages in total is definitely doable.  I guess they could even do a middile volume of:

Legend Of Shamane 1 (54)
Legend Of Shamane 2 (54)
Chronocide (42)

Although from what I've heard that might not be somethign we want.

IndigoPrime

If they did a Flesh book that included Steve White's take alongside the Mills strips, he'd surely explode in a raging ball of fury.

IndigoPrime

Vol 135 just arrived here, which I think brings Stickleback up to date. Curiously, it's the last issue currently listed on Forbidden Planet's website. I do hope they'll be continuing to stock this title, because I don't fancy buying through Hachette if I can avoid doing so.

davidbishop

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 November, 2022, 12:23:00 PM
If they did a Flesh book that included Steve White's take alongside the Mills strips, he'd surely explode in a raging ball of fury.

:lol:

The Monarch

sounds like a good enough reason to do it if you ask me

Jade Falcon

I'm missing something here.  Whats the context.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

AlexF

Pat Mills DOES NOT LIKE IT when other writers use 'his' creations.*
Not that he has any problem with people reprinting Flesh Book 1, which he edited rather than wrote (although you can bet he edited it heavily), and Flesh II, which he had nothing to do with as far as I know?

*'His' in the sesne that he came up with/developed the ideas, not that he legally owns them (an entirely separate sore point)