Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: JamesC on 15 August, 2017, 12:38:45 PM
That sounds like a lot of Rogue Trooper.
Are we assuming this includes Rogue universe stuff like Mercy Heights, Ten Seconders etc?
You'd need seven or eight books to collect just the four phone book Rebellion volumes, so this is cherry picking. Here's hoping it'll include War Machine, Cinnebar, and synopses.

EDIT: Actual counts of in-print RTverse are:

Tales of Nu-Earth: 1488
War Machine: 96
86ers: 144
Jaegir: 130

Even the Tales... stuff is six books of content, if everything's reprinted.

karlos

Hi all

Quick question: do you think Zenith may make an appearance in the collection?  I'm guessing no, but wanted a more considered opinion from more enlightened folk, before I go ahead and order the recent Titan books.

Many thanks to you all for posting what's coming up in the collection, by the way.  The collection sounds an absolute must (here's to a remastered stand alone volume of ABC Warriors: The Black Hole!)

You've all helped this lapsed Toothy fan to make his mind up about getting back on the ol' 2000ad wagon!

Cheers!

robert_ellis

He's not on the spine so I'm guessing there's no Lloigor in the first 80 volumes. I'd imagine Zenith would be the first thing in a series extension. So pick up the 4 amazing hardcovers now (and slipcase!) or wait nearly 4 years.

IndigoPrime

Yeah, it's hard to know for sure, but you imagine he'd have been on the spine if he were included in the initial run.

And more confirmations from Facebook: Luke Kirby and Leviathan are NOT in the collection. (My LK hardback is safe!) Also: when someone asked about three specific characters, Flesh was omitted from the response, so make of that what you will.

matty_ae

Zenith is 480 pages long, so ripe for 2 x Hachette books.
I agree for a second phase its pretty much a dead cert.
Spreading it across two books also makes good on the promise never to reprint all four phases again 'in this format'.

JamesC

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 August, 2017, 01:04:24 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 15 August, 2017, 12:38:45 PM
That sounds like a lot of Rogue Trooper.
Are we assuming this includes Rogue universe stuff like Mercy Heights, Ten Seconders etc?
You'd need seven or eight books to collect just the four phone book Rebellion volumes, so this is cherry picking. Here's hoping it'll include War Machine, Cinnebar, and synopses.

EDIT: Actual counts of in-print RTverse are:

Tales of Nu-Earth: 1488
War Machine: 96
86ers: 144
Jaegir: 130

Even the Tales... stuff is six books of content, if everything's reprinted.

Wow, I didn't realise there was so much Rogue!
I'd imagine there's going to be some modern stuff in there as they seem to be prioritising colour stuff.

IndigoPrime

On Rogue, that's only the stuff Rebellion's so far printed in trade paperback form. There's a ton more in the convoluted mess Rogue Trooper became post-War Machine, too.

EDazzling

Rogue Trooper up to the end of the Traitor General story is 3 ~220 page volumes, which gives you 2 volumes for stuff like Cinnabar, War Machine, Mercy Heights, Rennie, etc. That'd work for me. For the original run, not much after the traitor general is really vital, is it?

IndigoPrime

I suspect it'd be pretty easy to take a knife to the early volumes, frankly. There's a lot of filler. And, yeah, after the Traitor General arc, it all goes pear-shaped anyway. Bar some of Rennie's flashbacks, all I've given a monkey's about are War Machine, the IDW Rogue, and some of the spin-offs (notably, Jaegir).

abelardsnazz

Despite some great Steve Dillon art, The Hit was a muddle story-wise. Hopefully we'll see a showcase of the best stories.

10 volumes of Strontium Dog? Will that cover most of it?

karlos

Thanks a million to all those who kindly responded.   :)

Will pick up the Titan Zeniths.

And then the Hatchette reprints. 

Obviously.   :)

Neil C

Just confirmed on Facebook - 13 volumes of Slaine

Tomwe

Quote from: Neil C on 16 August, 2017, 09:23:30 AM
Tharg didn't think it too many!
(sorry!)

TordelBack

At 1/5th of the whole collection that seems a bit crazy, when ALL of Slaine is collected in 17(?) volumes, and very nicely too. Allowing for the longer page count of the Hachettes, that has to be pretty much everything up to and including Brutannia. I know Slaine is a big deal for wider awareness of 2000AD, but highlights (and there are many) would have struck me as a better approach.

It certainly decides me firmly against a sub.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tomwe on 16 August, 2017, 09:25:29 AM
Tharg didn't think it too many!

:lol: How indulgent are those 9 Dante volumes looking now...?
@jamesfeistdraws