Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Does a complete ABC Warriors in this new format mean no more Mek Files? I really quite liked those Mek Files editions...

Tomwe

Last one on this. And such a shame when he PLANNED for those numbers too:

EDIT: New theory: The art was intended for a 60 volume collection.

matty_ae

I was at Forbidden Planet and Boo was on good form and kindly acknowledged the only things by in the book he had done was the spine. He had noticed the feet would all be cropped.

There are some interesting differences between the promo foldout poster and the final one.
- the final one is only 2/3 the size of the promo
- SinDex are added to the roster of featured characters
- Belt buckle, hip flask and blitz spear parking signed all swapped out
- 'Retrospective articles' now feature in Bonus section (Stephen Jewell essay in this one)

moly

Magnetica for me it won't be double dipping as I will pass all the old paperback copies to my niece and for ten quid for a hardback book it's a no brainer while I have a bit of disposable cash although it does mean I won't be getting any of the new released stuff like lawless which hopefully will be on the extended collection

EDazzling

Quote from: moly on 24 August, 2017, 06:51:34 PM
Magnetica for me it won't be double dipping as I will pass all the old paperback copies to my niece and for ten quid for a hardback book it's a no brainer while I have a bit of disposable cash although it does mean I won't be getting any of the new released stuff like lawless which hopefully will be on the extended collection

Lawless has been announced for the Judge Dredd Mega Collection's extension

moly

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Max Headroom on 24 August, 2017, 05:14:48 PMDoes a complete ABC Warriors in this new format mean no more Mek Files?
The Mek Files series to date has been republishing the classic run of ABC Warriors in hardback, and with the third one, everything is covered, bar content issued in The Solo Missions. If the Mek Files were to continue, it'd presumably bundle Volgan War into chunky editions (so 1/2, 3/4, Return to Earth/Mars, Return to Ro-Busters/whatever comes next).

Given that the Ultimate Collection and graphic novel line are distinct, and the outlets aren't the same, I imagine all that will determined more Mek Files is whether Rebellion wants to continue the line and use some book slots for reissuing material that's already been released in hardback anyway.

sheridan

Quote from: matty_ae on 24 August, 2017, 05:37:09 PM
- Belt buckle, hip flask and blitz spear parking signed all swapped out

Hip Flask? ;)

Arkady

Quote from: Tomwe on 24 August, 2017, 05:19:26 PM
Last one on this. And such a shame when he PLANNED for those numbers too:

EDIT: New theory: The art was intended for a 60 volume collection.

What a shame.

It would surely have been better to have extended the artwork, as appears to be the case with the Mega Collection.

Moans aside, thanks for the hero who tipped us off about signed copies and prints still being available at Forbidden Planet - I acquired both on my way home last night. It will be nice to have the signed copy in the collection, and I'll donate my subscriber copy in the hope of seeding another collection! It really is a lovely product. And for £2!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Arkady on 25 August, 2017, 09:28:31 AM
Moans aside, thanks for the hero who tipped us off about signed copies and prints still being available at Forbidden Planet - I acquired both on my way home last night. It will be nice to have the signed copy in the collection, and I'll donate my subscriber copy in the hope of seeding another collection! It really is a lovely product. And for £2!

I bought a signed one online with a promise of the poster too.
Did you get a poster when you bought from FP?

Arkady

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 25 August, 2017, 10:27:21 AM

Yep, they had a pile of them on the sales counter. It consists of the left-hand 40% or so of the spine art, but uncropped top and bottom.

Anthony Garnon

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 25 August, 2017, 10:27:21 AM

Hey, I ran the signing from FP's end and asked that the London store keep the leftover (unsigned) posters by the tills. I was there last night, and they still have a fair few. If it looks like they are out at the tills just ask a member of staff if there are any left in the office. If there are, they'll whip more out. They are extremely popular mind - so apologies in advance if you ask and they're all gone!

And although the posters weren't promised with mail order purchases I did send 10 signed copies to the MO team. If you ordered the signed book online, might be worth asking the MO guys if they have any left. Not a guarentee you'll get one of course (I believe some have already been requested)!

IndigoPrime

" the feet may be cut off to fit the book size but the image will be fully visible! Hope this helps :)"

Er.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Anthony Garnon on 25 August, 2017, 12:34:24 PM
And although the posters weren't promised with mail order purchases I did send 10 signed copies to the MO team. If you ordered the signed book online, might be worth asking the MO guys if they have any left. Not a guarentee you'll get one of course (I believe some have already been requested)!

Thanks for that. When I ordered online it did state that every purchase would receive the poster. Mine was sent by FP today. If the poster comes with it then bonus but if not I'm not overly bothered. The signed book for £2.99 inc postage is well worth it on it's own.

Tomwe

YAY!
Mr Postman finally turned up today with my sub box - issues 1&2, poster packaged with 1, and mug. Brilliant!