Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

nxylas

AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Dark Jimbo

Judge Dredd: Regicide

Well, this one snuck up quietly! I wasn't hugely enamoured by (what I read of) the Red Queen/Orlok stories on the whole, but I have to say I am mighty tempted by the Lynch-tastic exclusive hardback...

@jamesfeistdraws

Richard

Dark Jimbo

Isn't it, though? Be interesting to see what's in this one - hopefully the Sentenoid story makes the cut.
@jamesfeistdraws

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 30 November, 2022, 11:15:05 AM
Isn't it, though? Be interesting to see what's in this one - hopefully the Sentenoid story makes the cut.

Judging by the credits on the spine I'll take a punt at

• Carry The Nine
  • The Red Queen's Gambit
  • The Red Prince Diaries
  • The Hard Way
  • Regicide

Sentenoid's Big Idea would be a nice bonus

Dash Decent

I wish they'd announce the exclusive hardbacks faster.  I ordered the softcover elsewhere months ago to take advantage of a time-limited discount offer.  I guess I should have assumed they'd do a special hardback, but even so I like to pick the cover I like best so it's still no help if there's no image to see.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

Hawk The Slayer - Webshop Edition Hardback (coming in March):

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dash Decent on 09 December, 2022, 11:53:19 PM
I wish they'd announce the exclusive hardbacks faster.

This may well be outside Rebellion's control — another publisher I work for has had to prioritise softcover TPBs with the hardcovers relegated to more or less "as and when" because of the vagaries of paper supply these days.

I'm assuming it's the actual stock for the covers themselves that's tricky to source, but it might be the internals since, even if the weight/finish of the paper is the same as the TPB, hardcovers are bound differently and (I think) printed in different folios which require a different paper size.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Plus it's not like Rebellion hardcovers are a known quantity to the same degree. It feels quite ad-hoc regarding what is and isn't chosen, and the books only rarely get sold outside of the store. (I'd also say there are variances in things like binding and stitching. The Thirteenth Floor books seem a lot more solid than, say, Hershey.)

I wish there was more of a market for 2000 AD HCs. That's why, despite it faults (some dodgy repro; the dreadful spine UX; a reasonable chunk of dodgy books in the Dredd collection), I'm glad of those Hachette partworks. I mean, all of Nikolai Dante in HC, without having to worry if the series will just stop at some point (I'm looking at you, IDW Transformers Classics UK)? Pretty great!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 December, 2022, 08:47:35 AM
(I'd also say there are variances in things like binding and stitching. The Thirteenth Floor books seem a lot more solid than, say, Hershey.)

Again, this feels like it may be a result of the somewhat chaotic state of the print industry... I'm sure Rebellion has preferred presses for all this stuff, but if someone else has the paper stock and an available slot on the press at the time when they need it, there may not be much of a choice.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dash Decent

Thanks Jim (and IP).  A very even-handed assessment of the situation.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

The Monarch

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 24 November, 2022, 11:19:38 AM

Quote from: broodblik on 22 November, 2022, 03:43:46 AM
1970s New York clashes with 22nd century Mega-City One

Troggies!!!

its....not troggies its something even more amazing i have been spoiled on it i will not do the same for you all it will be revealed on the last page of 451 you will not see this one coming

Dash Decent

Finally! The Dredd-Dash Decent team-up story!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Link Prime

Quote from: The Monarch on 22 December, 2022, 12:31:29 PM
Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 24 November, 2022, 11:19:38 AM

Quote from: broodblik on 22 November, 2022, 03:43:46 AM
1970s New York clashes with 22nd century Mega-City One

Troggies!!!

its....not troggies its something even more amazing i have been spoiled on it i will not do the same for you all it will be revealed on the last page of 451 you will not see this one coming

Please spoil (in spoilers) for the lapsed Meg reader.