Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Quote from: The Prodigal on 30 May, 2012, 02:40:11 PM
As a relative newbie may I ask-what is the relative spread of left/right politics wise among 2000ad's followers?

This board is a sub-group of 2000AD readers: those who have internet access and are willing to post here. Also, several people here are posters who don't read the comic.

This thread is a sub-group of that sub-group: those who are willing to get involved in a "political" conversation that never seems to end, or make much sense.

Please don't think this thread represents 2000AD fans. :)

The Prodigal

Just answer the question or you are going to hell-ok?

Trout

Quote from: The Prodigal on 30 May, 2012, 02:52:42 PM
Just answer the question or you are going to hell-ok?

They're all Lib Dems.

Mikey

Oi! Who you callin a Lib Dem?  >:(

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Trout

Quote from: Mikey on 30 May, 2012, 03:15:31 PM
Oi! Who you callin a Lib Dem?  >:(

M.

MWAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteWhat a catastrophic F*** UP, that little misunderstanding has led to down the way. It's like building without a plumb line. With the more laid onto it becoming more unstable as time has gone on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70IAwHTzrHI

By the way, I've always voted Labour (in Ireland, that is).  They're pretty shit, but better than the other ones in my opinion
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

I usually draw a little box on my ballot paper, write 'none of the above' next to it and tick that.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 May, 2012, 03:28:53 PM
By the way, I've always voted Labour (in Ireland, that is).

We'll put you down as 'Right-of-centre', so.   ;)

(Me too.  Well, along with the Greens and Democratic Left.  The Blueshirts and the Gombeen Men can feck off.)

JOE SOAP

I only vote during referendums/referenda or whatever.

Eric Plumrose

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 30 May, 2012, 03:32:56 PM
I usually draw a little box on my ballot paper, write 'none of the above' next to it and tick that.

See, I really think that should be an official option. Maybe we should start a 'None of the Above' party like Richard Pryor did in Brewster's Millions.
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 30 May, 2012, 02:04:20 AM
That is a remark so monumentally stupid, arrogant, and foolishly reckless, I genuinely fear for the day when you're going to have give account to God for that remark, and believe me, you won't cop an attitude then...

I don't want to sound like I'm always picking a fight with you Beaky, you're plainly an intelligent and articulate fellow and I do enjoy your non-political, non-religious contributions here, and I do not enjoy offending you.

BUT.

If I happen to be wrong about the non-existence of deeply implausible supreme creators in general and Jehovah in particular (and I'm quite prepared to admit the possibility what with it being unfalsifiable), and there IS a God that will sit in judgement on me on the Last Day, I most certainly will 'cop an attitude' with Him*.

I have many, many, many bones to pick with Him, and the neat hat-trick of sunsets, cheese and women do not get Him off the hook.  If a god exists with the characteristics of Jehovah as described to us in the Bible, and the world as presented to our senses, He is not deserving of my faith, obedience or respect.  I deny Him and I defy Him, and I consider it well done. 

*Well, let's be honest, sometime between shitting myself and begging for mercy that obviously won't be forthcoming.

The Legendary Shark

Don't forget to drop in to the Yap Shop tonight, Tordels. It's Roger's Birthday Party in here and I've never chatted to someone who's going to get struck by lightning before, so that could be quite a spectacle to add to the festivities...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

By the time I get to heaven, I hope the Saint of Killers will have cleaned up the place, t'was starting to stink of piety.