Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: You are my second favorite son, son

Started by broodblik, 06 July, 2022, 03:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When you visit this forum, we can all assume that you love two things: comics in general and 2000AD as your favorite comic publisher. Simple question who are your "second" favorite publisher of comics is?
-   DC
-   Marvel
-   Dark House
-   Dynamite
-   Ahoy comics
-   IDW
-   AWA
-   Cinebook
-   Boom
-   Valiant
-   DC Thomson
-   I have one son only thank you
-   You missed my second favorite son his name is.........

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

I'm no longer a brand loyalist - used to be a big DC booster - but I don't really favour one publisher over another, though to be fair I probably read more Image than anything else these days.

All that said there is one publisher there that I probably favour more than any other on that list and its

Cinebook

AlexF

Look, if I'm honest about where my monthly comis-spending money goes, it's almost certainly Marvel as my number 2.
BUT I'm only buying 1 or 2 from them at most these days, and if you consider how expensive chunky graphic-novel sized comics are, my second fave is gonna be in the more pretentious realm of D+Q or Fantagraphics.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Yeah, if my wallet is any judge it'll be Marvel. But that s largely due to Spidey, Daredevil, the FF, Thor and latterly Conan.

However, I'm constantly pissed off with the standard and presentation of modern comics, and if you want to know who I think is putting out the *best* titles on a regular basis, that'd be Aftershock and Cinebook.

So I'm going to say Cinebook so it has two votes.

SBT

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jim_Campbell

Not going to vote, because I work for several of those, but if Aftershock is on the list, can I respectfully suggest that so should Vault (for a great spread of non-cape books) and also Titan, who probably deserve to be on the list for their excellent Blade Runner titles alone...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 July, 2022, 09:07:12 AM
Not going to vote, because I work for several of those, but if Aftershock is on the list, can I respectfully suggest that so should Vault (for a great spread of non-cape books) and also Titan, who probably deserve to be on the list for their excellent Blade Runner titles alone...?

As Jim said we can add Vault and Titan as well

Timothy

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

sorry to choose ones that, yet again, not on the list, but fantagraphics. always. and honourable mentions for the brilliant scout comics of the last couple of years and the 77 stable.

IndigoPrime

Judging by my shelves, it'd be a toss-up between Dark Horse and Image. I'd say Image edges it.

Proudhuff

Judging by my shelves, it'd be a toss-up between Dark Horse, Titan  and Image. I'd say Dark Horse edges it.
DDT did a job on me

Magnetica

How about Shift?

But I guess it's more a reprint vehicle for stuff that has appeared in the elsewhere before.

Southstreeter

I only read 2000AD. I've not even heard of some on that list. I'm not saying I wouldn't like any of it, just that life's too short and there's other things to read/watch/do. Same reason I don't subscribe to most of the streaming platforms - there's just too much out there and I can get enough entertainment from the few channels that I do watch.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Quote from: Funt Solo on 06 July, 2022, 06:21:11 PM
There are other publishers?

Someone spread a vicious rumour, we must nip in the bud