Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quotefinal, final, final extension
Depending on subscriber numbers, presumably. ;D

The Monarch

extant stront. well theres the starlord stuff. A Sorry Case (afaik the only original run story of stront not in the ultimate collection maybe tales from the doghouse?

Shakira? Shakara!

If memory serves, didn't they skip a McNulty strip in the McNulty collection too? I don't think some of those recent post-Carlos one-offs in the bumper year end Progs have been collected either. A Tales of The Doghouse collection collecting those strips, plus various odds and sods that were skipped might be a possibility then, depending on page count.

castle4

My best guess for issue 200 is Stainless Steel Rat. With the colourised version being released separately by Rebellion in Dec, I'm sure they won't mention it in advance, to stop us deciding to wait for the UC version.

IndigoPrime

So that Durham Red book sold out insanely quickly. I was about to grab a copy from Hachette last night and it's already gone. Hopefully it'll rock up again at some point if Hachette gets some returns. Very few sales on eBay, mind, and Forbidden Planet isn't listing it. So maybe these books are now getting tiny print runs, or Durham Red is insanely popular. Perhaps both.

Anyway, you snooze, you lose, I suppose. I'd been really looking forward to this one and should have grabbed a copy when I had the chance. Lesson learned...

Swerty

There's some on eBay for £25.Its funny how they instinctively push the prices up when they know it's scarce.

IndigoPrime

Yep. I mean, it's supply and demand. One of those things. I don't really want to pay (once postage is taken into account) almost 3x cover price. So if one shows up for a more reasonable price, I'll grab it. Otherwise, I'll hope Hachette gets more stock (which has happened in the past) or at some random point someone weirdly ends up with dozens of copies on eBay (which happened with Leviathan, which was for a time also impossible to find).

Tomontherun94

Did they ever do a corrected reprint of Snow/Tiger? I believe there was a problem with blurry pages and a missing page? Could be misremembering which volume it was though

IndigoPrime

I very much doubt it. Early in the run, they corrected major cock-ups. But more recently, messed up end papers and other have been met with apologies or silence. It's probably not viable to do another print run.

paulbyrnewex

Print runs of extensions to graphic novel collections tend to be very low as companies know the average number of each issue is selling and how many subscribers they have.  The last extension to Transformers and Star Trek collections had very low numbers and go for very high prices on the second-hand market.

IndigoPrime

Yeah. I remember towards the end of the TF run how hard it was to get hold of certain issues. Even so, I wasn't expecting Born Bad to sell out almost immediately. Oh well.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 04 April, 2024, 12:52:15 PMDid they ever do a corrected reprint of Snow/Tiger? I believe there was a problem with blurry pages and a missing page? Could be misremembering which volume it was though

Not what you're asking, but that's also available in Meg 276's floppy.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

karlos

Had an offer on one rejected just now on eBay as the seller has decided to double the price!

levers

The sudden low print runs also happened earlier on during the original run. Made picking up Nikolai Dante volumes extremely tricky!

leethomson

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 04 April, 2024, 12:52:15 PMDid they ever do a corrected reprint of Snow/Tiger? I believe there was a problem with blurry pages and a missing page? Could be misremembering which volume it was though
Thirteen was blurry, with the wrong art. I was sent a replacement copy but it was exactly the same. I haven't read Snow/Tiger yet - will be annoyed if it has the same issues!