Main Menu

Judge Dredd Animated Series

Started by Tarantino, 30 May, 2023, 10:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

Why have I only just heard about this? Is there any truth to this rumour?

Amazing if it is true.

https://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2020/06/animated-judge-dredd-series-in.html

Tarantino

And why have I never seen this? Is it a prelude to the release of an animated Dredd series or a tribute to Carlos Ezquerra?

It looks truly amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_N9z9SPVT8

Tarantino

Jim_Campbell

I have no inside info, but I'm pretty sure that's all complete bollocks. The first link is three years old, with no corroboration from official sources or further updates from any site anywhere since. The second link is a proof-of-concept video done by an animation house years ago which resurfaces intermittently (sometimes with different soundtracks), and the third is a completely unsourced pile of speculative nonsense.

Don't get me wrong — I'd love to see more Dredd on either the big or small screen, and I fervently hope it happens, but I don't think there's anything of substance in any of this.

(Sorry!)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tarantino

And this speculative bollocks keeps the dream alive. I'd love to hear something from Rebellion, don't they owe it to the fans for a little update now and again? I keep scouring the internet for some news and I just find old news from between 2017 - 2020 and the occasional comment from Karl Urban saying he'd love to revive Dredd.

Come on Rebellion get your finger out and give us what we want, a 2000AD franchise with Rogue Trooper, Button Man, Nikolai Dante and Dredd on all the streaming services. I just want to live long enough to see that franchise knock Marvel off the top spot.

Tarantino

We can dream a little dream of Dredd on the big screen..... Can't we though?

The Legendary Shark

I've said it before but I think they should try for something like Love, Death and Robots and release series based on the winning 2000AD format, with several different stories. A few episodes of Dredd, Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper, etc with some one-off Future shocks included in the mix. They could call each series a Prog and each episode a Thrill, with say 13 thrills per prog.

I know I'd watch it.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tarantino on 30 May, 2023, 11:42:16 PMdon't they owe it to the fans for a little update now and again?

"We're still talking to people. Still nothing concrete to report."

To the best of my (very limited) knowledge, that's the basic situation.

I'm not sure "the fans" would react much better to that than no update at all. All this stuff is frustratingly, glacially slow... plus, I'm reasonably sure they don't want a repeat of the IM Global thing, where Rebellion had someone senior at the company who was pushing to make the MC1 show happen... only for a round of corporate blood-letting to result in that person being ousted, leaving all the projects attached to them dead in the water.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Rebellion also has to do this in the right way. There's no point in there being a movie where Rebellion cannot influence the end result, not one where the company doesn't benefit from it (or loses rights, potentially permanently, to a property it owns).

Tarantino

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 31 May, 2023, 07:58:42 AM"We're still talking to people. Still nothing concrete to report."

That's all I wanted to hear  :D