Main Menu

Recent posts

Books & Comics / Re: Recommended Comic shops th...
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 01:52:57 PM
Blimey. I used to use them for FCBD and some other stuff and they were always fab for one-off orders. (I never had an ongoing with them, mind.)
Books & Comics / Re: Recommended Comic shops th...
Last post by Large48 - Today at 01:28:30 PM
A Place in Space in Croydon......  :-X
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by Max Headroom - Today at 12:51:41 PM
I have just received the 'Hope' volume and can say that it brings us right up to date with what was published in the Prog. Good stuff!
News / Re: The Great Dante Readthroug...
Last post by Trooper McFad - Today at 12:01:17 PM
I have to apologise for not listening to this podcast up til now after all the huge plaudits it received from everyone who's listening.

My reason is I'm late (very)to the podcast scene 🙁

Anyway after a 2 weeks binge I'm up to podcast 32 and throughly enjoying it and the inside angle from Simon is great as well as a female's view of such a cad of a character.
As a whisky drinker myself the whisky pairings have been interesting though I haven't been partaking while listening to the podcast.

As everyone who's commented in the years prior to me listening these are great. 👍🏻

I should be all caught up for the live podcast at Lawless where I can watch the magic happen before my eyes 😁. 
Help! / Re: Rebellion and Rights to Ea...
Last post by sheridan - Today at 10:54:27 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 May, 2024, 01:17:21 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 16 May, 2024, 01:05:00 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 16 May, 2024, 08:34:57 AMThanks!

I can't for the life of me remember where I heard it, might have been other strips - have a vague memory of someone who later became famous being a bit embarrassed about their photostrip work
Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet?  Appeared in a My Guy photostrip - presumably before being lead singer of the band.

Now this is a very VERY good fact!

In fact, BBC did a feature on it, including pics (there are links to the other pages at the bottom of each page I'm linking to, but I'll do individual links to get the names in the thread):
Julian Sands

George Michael

Hugh Grant

Sally Whitaker (from Coronation Street, apparently)

Saskia Reeves

Tony Hadley

Tracey Ullman

Alex Kingston (feature says from ER, but I suspect more famous from Doctor Who*).

* though possibly not at the time that feature was written
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 10:23:15 AM
Quote from: Illyana on 17 May, 2024, 10:36:02 PMHappy cleaning!

We so appreciate y'all. This thread may not be as active as it once was, but you regulars are so great. I'm gonna go quiet for a bit to make sure I'm not scaring folks away, but I'll continue to post new episode notes & calls for questions.

To be fair it's generally a lot quieter around here alas.
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - Today at 08:43:41 AM
Well, that was great fun as always.  I'd forgotten that Arkady was a racist little shite on top of all his other unpleasant qualities.
And don't worry about scaring anyone off, the lack of activity on this thread isn't because of you - Activity across the whole forum has sadly been in decline for a long time, but it's been particularly noticeable, to me at least, in recent months. 

Finally, thanks, Edie, for your kind comments re. my artwork on instagram! Truth is, I wish I could paint Fraseresque future Moscow cityscapes and swashbuckling action shots of bioblades skewering Raven guards, but it seems my talents are restricted to stylised murals of canal barges, bridges, fields and cherry blossoms.
Off Topic / Re: Boys Adventure comic blog
Last post by Richard S. - Today at 06:33:19 AM
Looks like 2 more pages of art from Leo Baxendale's lost masterpiece Supercomic are up for sale later this month...

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2024/05/updated-leo-baxendales-supercomic.html
Prog / Re: Prog 2381: A grizzly fate
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 02:35:51 AM
Quote from: Stegron on 17 May, 2024, 11:42:44 PMI genuinely thought that 'Tooth & Claw' was the start of one of those multi-story stealth epics that Dredd does so well: start off with Tooth & Claw, Moon gets offed, Dredd's on his own in rough territory, and he's got to finish the mission on his own, cut off from backup and without any resources.

I totally get what you mean. Another way of looking at it, though, is like at the end of Judgement Day:

The next story was The Marshal. We never saw the story about Dredd and Alpha - probably because, much like The Kessel Run, it's best left in our imaginations.

Now that the bear's dead, Dredd crosses the mountain and returns to the city. Of course he makes it. (It's still true what you say, though. There is a disjointed nature to Dredd at the moment, and it's because there's no show runner. Whether that's good or bad..?)
Prog / Re: Prog 2381: A grizzly fate
Last post by Stegron - 17 May, 2024, 11:42:44 PM
Long-time lurker here - the Dredd vs Bear story was great fun, but I'm utterly baffled by something. Nothing to do with the tale itself, but the outcome. Suddenly we're back in MC-1 with Iron Teeth as if nothing happened.

But the little prelude episode, with Logan telling Dredd about the sensitivity of the location for the secret mission he's about to undertake... a mission that required two other judges, plus cadets. So what the hell was that all about? I genuinely thought that 'Tooth & Claw' was the start of one of those multi-story stealth epics that Dredd does so well: start off with Tooth & Claw, Moon gets offed, Dredd's on his own in rough territory, and he's got to finish the mission on his own, cut off from backup and without any resources.

Anyone else get the impression that Iron Teeth is an inventory story, hastily thrown in until the next part of whatever Rob William's has planned for the continuation of whatever Dredd's mission in the Northern Radlands was?