Main Menu

Warlord Dredd Game!

Started by Leigh S, 02 October, 2019, 07:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

OK, time for this to have its own thread - lots of images of the miniatures.... here!

https://www.the-outpost.co.uk/product-category/miniatures/judge-dredd/

Greg M.

Karl Raider? Not an obvious choice for the first wave of releases!

TordelBack

Ah FFS, I need a better job. Beautiful.

Trooper McFad

Looking forward to this release I like the variety of the arch villains and the Dredd on the law master looks fantastic.
The details on the fatties are brilliant.
I've really liked the range they have issued in the SD range so looking forward to the mix they will release over the year with JD.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

TordelBack

Do we have any idea yet what's in the starter set, minis-wise?

wedgeski

My Google fu is weak this-morning, all I can find are pre-order sites. Can anyone please link further info on this?

TordelBack

Because I'm old (and have created more than a few in my time) I always go to the company's website to find info on upcoming products. This, I have found, is not how it is done. Instead, one must go to their Facebook and trawl through their combative UX for nuggets, run hashtag searches on Twitter, pick through the webstores of affiliates, news pages of fan sites, and generally perform some kind of engagement-affirming scavenger hunt, all in the name of 'buzz'.

I'm not mad on the news (extracted from Facebook, which is mainly ads for Rebellion trades at the mo, so there's that) that these are resin minis, not metal like the excellent SD figs. Warlord are a solid company so I imagine they know what they are doing, but a fogey like me knows where he is with metal (and plastic): resin always seems so delicate.   

I'm in the happy position of already having an unreasonably huge pile of Dredd minis, so I hope to be choosey with this range - but I would *very much* like to know what minis are in the Starter before I do any Christmas pressie pre-ordering.

Not sayin' I don't desperately need a post-Titan Grice mini or anything.  Because I do

TordelBack

Bah, meant to add: the best preview I've seen is Wargames Illustrated.

wedgeski

Thanks! (And I know what you mean with resin mini's.)

I, Cosh

What's the deal with resin? As an infrequent dabbler I've only ever messed up metal and plastic minis.

That's a very Ben Willsher lawmaster.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Resin holds very fine detail (as the Dredd pics show!), but it's light and usually terribly brittle - almost guaranteed to break if dropped. They tend to be more expensive than either metal or plastic. They can also be quite scruffy casts if not done properly, risk of excessive flash and bubbles (you don't want to see my resin Pat Wagon from Mongoose ::) - but I doubt that will be a problem with Warlord. I only have a handful of (admittedly very lovely) resin minis from a Kickstarter and they scare me so much I haven't tried to paint even one.

However, Warlord boasts that this is a 'new' resin, so who knows.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Judge with respirator down. You utter bastards.

Trooper McFad

I really like these and the in-house paint jobs are always amazing- the only thing is that they always seem too "clean" these are street judges! (and I know at the start of their shifts their uniforms will be pristine) but the same can be said about the citizens - some will be nice and clean but the streets of the big Meg are a dirty place.
Anyway you can see the road I'm going to go when I get my hands on them. 😃
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!