Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 10 November, 2015, 03:40:47 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 10 November, 2015, 03:06:24 PM

Small quibble: no boot knife!

Well, we probably shouldn't be complaining too much, i'm just happy we get our choice of Lawgiver for our figure. :lol:
We just have to understand this figure isn't intended to compete with the mezco release it's supposed to be a certain artistic representation of our hero and I can live with that.

I agree. Not meaning to be a Moaning Michael. Hee hee.

They mention that it comes with a choice of hands, including holding weapons.* I wonder, do they mean the grip type where you insert the weapon yourself, or hands actually gripping the weapon as one unit?

Either is fine. I can see pros and cons for both (the ready gripped variety looks cool, but then you have more pieces to lose, for example). Just curious.

*Incidentally, here's one thing over the Mezco version: he can hold a weapon in each hand, so gun stick combo is possible. I probably wouldn't do that often as I figure there aren't many situation when he' need borh, but the option is there... and the picture looks sweet.

ming

Quote from: Mardroid on 10 November, 2015, 05:22:03 PMThey mention that it comes with a choice of hands, including holding weapons.* I wonder, do they mean the grip type where you insert the weapon yourself, or hands actually gripping the weapon as one unit?

Either is fine. I can see pros and cons for both (the ready gripped variety looks cool, but then you have more pieces to lose, for example). Just curious.

*Incidentally, here's one thing over the Mezco version: he can hold a weapon in each hand, so gun stick combo is possible. I probably wouldn't do that often as I figure there aren't many situation when he' need borh, but the option is there... and the picture looks sweet.

From Gregory: "Also to clarify the weapon holding hands (again) - he comes with left and right gun holding hands, left and right daystick holding hands, left and right fists, left and right open hand. the weapons are all removable. The weapon holding hands are also used to grip the handles on the Lawmaster"

TordelBack

Yes, yes, all very good, but can you actually legally marry him?

Albion

My Death is here.  :D
Packaging is all fine, until I unleash Death when I get home.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

ming

Death should have been packaged in a slab of clear jelly so we could employ Boing® cutters (or a knife and fork) to release him.

As it is I'll just rip the cardboard off when I get home.

Mardroid

Quote from: ming link=topic=26850.msgThe weapon holding hands are also used to grip the handles on the Lawmaster"[/i]

Thanks, and sorry. I missed that last sentence concerning the lawmaster. My focus was on 'weapons holding hands' and how to interpret it. But that clarifies things.

I think I prefer this.

BPP

Eight hands?

Poor Stan Lee would balk at taking on that.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Albion

I couldn't wait until I got home. Sod the packaging, he's free to judge usssss.

Atreides

Wow! Looks Great! Hope I get it soon!
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Mardroid

Quote from: Mardroid link=topic=26My focus was on 'weapons holding hands'

Or "weapon holding hands" even. Edit link vanished.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Albion on 11 November, 2015, 01:38:51 PM
I couldn't wait until I got home. Sod the packaging, he's free to judge usssss.

I love the background. How's the figure?

dweezil2

My Death seems to be stuck in limbo in the Netherlands on its way to the U.K!  :(

Anyone else's Death taking this unorthodox journey?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Albion

Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 11 November, 2015, 02:08:18 PM
I love the background. How's the figure?

He's very well thank you, considering his undead state.  ;)

It's great! Good poseability. Very nice detailing. Good fabric costume.
I'm thinking that Dredd maybe even more poseable as I'm not sure Death would sit on a Lawmaster quite right (if you wanted to do that sort of thing).
The bone shoulder pad moves with the arm so can look a bit out of place for my taste if the arm is down fairly straight.
I love it. Looking forward to the other 3A stuff I have on order and I will be getting Dredd and the Lawmaster.

James Stacey

Quote from: Albion on 11 November, 2015, 02:30:13 PM
The bone shoulder pad moves with the arm so can look a bit out of place for my taste if the arm is down fairly straight.

The shoulder pads should be movable on their own pivot. Mine are.

Albion

Quote from: James Stacey on 11 November, 2015, 03:14:29 PM
Quote from: Albion on 11 November, 2015, 02:30:13 PM

The shoulder pads should be movable on their own pivot. Mine are.

The pterodactyl pad moves fine but I assumed the bone one was fixed as it didn't move for me.
I'll have another try later. Thanks James.