Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

The peril of 'should I force it? Will I break it?' :) I couldn't work out how to swap hands without feeling I was breaking something. Sighs of relief all round when I got it sorted.

Dandontdare

My Judge Death arrived yesterday - until I got the email last week I had actually completely forgotten I'd ordered it - I always swing back and forth changing my mind about whether I can justify the cost of these things, but I suspect I may have made an impulse decision whilst drunk and then erased it from my memory. It was a lovely surprise!  :D

Quality figure, really nicely detailed - though I'm not sure what the thinking behind the extra hands was, they're not very different and it's not like they're for holding anything.

Now I'm going to have to get a matching Dredd......

Mardroid

I didn't even know that Judge Death had changeable hands too.
I never ordered him. I did order Sam. And I will likely order Dredd and the lawmaster.

I'm not sure I can really justify the expence either but I think the temptation will be too much.

I did resist the Mezco one, although I really  like that sleek curvy style lawmaster. I'm not saying its better than the Mark 1. They're both cool in different ways, like comparing a rhinoceros to a tiger. Visually speaking, not in terms of power.*

While I find the Mezco bike aesthetically pleasing in , if I'm choosing just one Dredd/lawmaster combo... well that old black rhino is just most representative* isn't it? And it looks like 3A have done a fantastic job with it.

If money were no option it would be great to have both though! A kind of then and now of lawmasters if you like.

*I'd think the curvier 'tiger'  style mark 2 (or is it 3?) would be more powerful, as technology usually improves. But I seen to remember that old Rhino having a great big laser cannon between the headlamps. Did they consider that redundant in later models?

** I didn't want to use the word 'iconic' as its used too much in my opinion.

Dash Decent

Now 3A has the design down pat, they could certainly make variant Lawmasters, e.g. one with the Cyclops laser.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Mardroid

Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 November, 2015, 12:51:05 PM
Now 3A has the design down pat, they could certainly make variant Lawmasters, e.g. one with the Cyclops laser.

Pretty sure the one they've done has the Cyclops laser already. (It's that big cone shaped headlamp thing at the front, right?)

In my comment above I was just commenting on fact it seemed to vanish with later model(s). So later models were  a downgrade in that sense.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Pete Wells on 05 November, 2015, 06:41:53 AM
$65 for the single Dredd shipped is an absolute steal! That's about £42 (£35 if you're a ThreeAA member) amazing price!

How does one go about becoming a member? If they're going to do lots of others in this 1/12 series, it'd be quite a saving but I can't see anything on the worldofthreea.com website about membership. Please tell me I don't have to be on facebook!

COMMANDO FORCES

There is a certain time that you can become a member. I'm sure it's sometime in the new year and for something like a 24 hour period. I'm sure that lovely Pete will be able to fill everyone in ;)

Dandontdare

::) Why do they make buying overpriced toys so bloody complicated? I bet it's easier to join the Mafia than this!

James Stacey

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 November, 2015, 03:52:06 PM
::) Why do they make buying overpriced toys so bloody complicated? I bet it's easier to join the Mafia than this!
This. I really like my first 3A purchase. Death's a great fig but the whole mysterious buying / random shipping / secret membership / clandestine handshakes that seems to go around 3A is just baffling. Make some, stick them on the site or shelves and sell them. Its not like its not worked for every other product ever sold.

Mikey

Got both mine today, slight crease on one of the cards but otherwise ok - seriously cracking good figure! I think they've nailed ol' Sidney good  :D Dredd and the rest are going to be amazing!

The b&w is staying encased in Boing for now...

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

BPP

3AA membersip is on the 15th Jan for 24 hours only.

It is open to anyone to join, existing 3AA members get a 15% discount on the 'new' membership.

Last year it was 190 USD for non-members 161 USD for existing members.

What you get for membership varies from year to year but generally it consists of

(1) a 3A figure (generally rare or a key part of the 3A universe mythos) / figures (if using one of their smaller scales)
(2) a tshirt
(3) membership card and lanyard
(4) an ashley woods print / booklet
(5) 15% off all 3A sales on Bambaland (their inhouse sales site)
(6) access to '3AA only' exclusives (completely random what this means but 3A 2000 1/12 is said to be NOT including any 3AA only variants (unlike the 1/6 Tharg / Mongrol / RoJaws which did)).

You can see what this actually resulted in by googling 3AA 2014 / 2015  etc. I joined up in 2014 because I really liked the 1/6 figure (lasstranaut) and they were promising lots of 2000AD. That didn't happen - Death was the only thing and he was sold the day before membership ended. I rejoined for 2015 partly because of the discount for existing members and because again they said there was a lot of 2000ad coming. Until now it had just been Sam and Gronk n Fish but with Dredd coming its a huge save - a Dredd Lawmaster combo in both colours moves from 320USD to 272, so just under $50 out a $161 membership. I've picked up a few things this year from 3A but not much, the membership will pay for itself or as near as as makes no difference and while I wasn't that interested in the 'toy' that shipped with membership this year they actually surprised me about how cool they were in the hand. And the 2015 membership tshirt was totally sweet.

ThreeA are saying next year will have a lot of 2000AD stuff. Mortis and Hammerstein seem next for 1/12, Dredd / Rogue / Anderson / Alpha have all been mentioned in 1/6 scale (which are likely to be about 180-200 USD an item so the 15% is a big save). Now maybe it happens or maybe it dosen't... you can't say with ThreeA. When the membership details come out (usually just before New Years) it'll be worth checking to see if it appeals to you.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Atreides

Finally got both my Deaths!!  But... Now I wonder if i can open them... Should i? Should i leave them alone... Ahhh! The collectible value will drop...  :|

How did you guys do?  :)
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Mardroid

If you have a spare fair  enough, but I hink these things.should be, removed from packaging. And posed.

COMMANDO FORCES

There's a video earlier in this thread that tells you how to take things out of this type of blister pack.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Atreides on 16 November, 2015, 06:05:37 PM
Now I wonder if i can open them... Should i? Should i leave them alone... Ahhh! The collectible value will drop...  :|

I genuinely don't think it will. The production run of 3A figures, and the 2000AD ones specifically, is so small that the value stays consistently high - just look at the prices they demand on Eb*y!
@jamesfeistdraws